MLB ERA
    Dude. Here's how it goes. As of today.

David Ortiz.
    Derek Jeter.
    Jermaine Dye.
    Manny Ramirez.
    Justin Morneau.
    Travis Hafner.

However, after you read mine and Witlon's post you understand the variable is the Twins winning the Wildcard. In which case, their value to their team surpasses that of any Red Sox player and any White Sox player. So:

Jeter
    Morneau
    Ortiz
    Mauer
    Dye
    Thome
    Hafner

Bada Bing Bada Boom. You understand now?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If they give Jeter the MVP, I am going to eat my shoe.

MLB ERA
    Well if the BoSox and ChiSox miss out on the playoffs, then the biggest contributor to his team's success will be Jeter.

But It'll still probably end up Ortiz, Ramirez, Morneau, Jeter. I do't think you have to worry even though he is definetly worthy.

MLB ERA
    I laugh at Jeter ever being considered for the MVP
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    *cue mike and mike "big papi MVP" song*
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Looks like the AL has a dog race on their hands for MVP... I think anyone of those players would be willing to give up an MVP award to win the ultimate prize!!! World Series Champs!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Who exactly is protecting Morneau in his lineup? NO ONE!! Dye is deserving as I said in my original thread because he plays great defense and is having a great year but he has a lot of offense around him like Thome, Konerko and Crede. Oritz plays half the time and is isn't even hitting .300 which is sad as hell to me since all you have to do is hit. All DH's should be hitting .330+ since that is all they have to focus on. And to whoever said Morneau isn't even the MVP of his own team is ****ing nuts! If the Twins make the playoffs, there is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't get the MVP.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Ortiz shouldn't be MVP because he'd be nothing without Manny...look what happens when Manny isn't in the lineup...he just gets pitched around. They go together and I don't see how one could win over the other since they're dependent upon each other. I could see Jeter winning, I don't think he will, but I could see it for the simple fact that he's carried that team through injuries and could be having his best all around year. I can't see one of the White Sox guys winning it for similar reasons as the Red Sox. I could see Morneau or Mauer possibly...no one from the A's stands out on offense and same with the Tigers...pitching and defense is what they're about.

So, wait a second. Because he gets pitched around (and I'd assume usually walked, which is better than his average PA), he shouldn't be MVP?

Jeter has guys like Giambi and Rodriguez behind him. Yet Ortiz shouldn't win because he has Manny. Great.

(Note: I'm not necessarily arguing for either one, they'd probably be a .500 team without Papelbon, Ortiz, or Ramirez. Just saying)
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

dam

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Top 3? Who among David Ortiz, Jermaine Dye, Manny Ramirez, Travis Hafner, and Jim Thome would you put Morneau ahead of?

Lets see I would have him ahead of Ramirez Thome and Hafner. Morneau has not been hurt all season. Thome please mr injuried again. Dye and Morneau are close. There leading there team what else can be said.

What was nice to see is another Twins winning a series in Chi Suxo! Better yet we still have the al wildcard lead as well. Was a huge series and the BETTER team won the series.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    So, wait a second. Because he gets pitched around (and I'd assume usually walked, which is better than his average PA), he shouldn't be MVP?

Jeter has guys like Giambi and Rodriguez behind him. Yet Ortiz shouldn't win because he has Manny. Great.

(Note: I'm not necessarily arguing for either one, they'd probably be a .500 team without Papelbon, Ortiz, or Ramirez. Just saying)
    I'm saying Ortiz wouldn't have the power numbers or anything without Manny...how can you pick one over the other? You could pick Giambi I suppose instead of Jeter...I don't think they're as dependent on each other as Manny and Ortiz are. The Yankees lineup is more balanced than the Red Sox so they have to pitch to everyone...that's not the case with Red Sox...that's just the way it is. Jeter and Giambi have always put up good numbers before this year (for the most part)...Ortiz has never done anything without Manny in his career.

MLB ERA
    Big Papi.

Post over.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    I'm saying Ortiz wouldn't have the power numbers or anything without Manny...how can you pick one over the other? You could pick Giambi I suppose instead of Jeter...I don't think they're as dependent on each other as Manny and Ortiz are. The Yankees lineup is more balanced than the Red Sox so they have to pitch to everyone...that's not the case with Red Sox...that's just the way it is. Jeter and Giambi have always put up good numbers before this year (for the most part)...Ortiz has never done anything without Manny in his career.
    Ortiz's OBP would be SKY HIGH without Manny to protect him. His power numbers would be lower because no one would pitch to him. Likewise, his OBP would skyrocket

Just going on VORP

Ortiz has Manny (4th) protecting him
    Jeter has Giambi (20th) and Damon (22nd) protecting him
    Morneau has Mauer (9th) protecting him.

You could argue without Mauer, no one would HAVE to pitch to Morneau (if Mauer got on, for instance). If you take away Manny, Giambi/Damon, or Mauer, none of them would see pitches.

Basically, Ortiz shouldn't be punished because his team didn't spend 13 million on a resurgent Damon.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    he should be punished for not playing the field and for sucking until he had Manny protecting him though

seriously, if the Sox don't make the playoffs, I don't think he has a chance to be the MVP this year...JMHO

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Excuse me but Morneau has no one protecting him in the lineup. Morneau bats 5th and Mauer 3rd. Mauer gets on but Morneau is the guy that knocks him in. So that throws that excuse right out the window.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast