Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NY fans

MLB ERA

NY fans

Could you guys please tell me whats your logic of booing your own player(s)?

Its really getting annoying when almost every single time when A-rod commits an error or strikes out the NY fans have to boo him.

Do you expect him not to make any errors? Do you expect him not to strikeout? Overated Derek Jeter makes errors and strikes out, why dont you guys boo him? why not boo all of your players who commit errors and strikes out?

MLB ERA
    <forum lawyer>

This thread probably belongs in the smak forum

</forum lawyer>
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Derek Jeter has won a bazillion championships and he's the golden boy, do you really expect people to boo him?

As for Gay Rod...well, yeah, **** him. Shoulda signed with the Braves, the damn Rangers had to come outta RF and snag him for a bajillion dollars.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think its just the way baseball fans and sports fans in general act. When you get payed to be the superstar, you definitely have to be near perfect. Especially when you play in NY. That city is known for a rowdy crowd.

I understand your sentiments though.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    To add to this. I boo at my TV all the time when a player makes a game changing mistake. I bood Aurilia like crazy in Colorado last season when they got swept by the Yankees. I bood Miley at that point as well. I think it is just the passionate fans at times that feel like that particular player is not getting it done.

But sometimes it does go overboard. But mostly its part of the game IMO.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Derek Jeter has won a bazillion championships and he's the golden boy, do you really expect people to boo him?

As for Gay Rod...well, yeah, **** him. Shoulda signed with the Braves, the damn Rangers had to come outta RF and snag him for a bajillion dollars.
    DJ didn't win those championships, the team did, and he was lucky enough to be part of it

Arod got MVP's, DJ doesn't, and if DJ was really a true captian he would have moved to 3b and move arod to SS, but NO he has an ego

if you guys are going to boo him, then whats the point of signing him in the 1st place?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    To add to this. I boo at my TV all the time when a player makes a game changing mistake. I bood Aurilia like crazy in Colorado last season when they got swept by the Yankees. I bood Miley at that point as well. I think it is just the passionate fans at times that feel like that particular player is not getting it done.

But sometimes it does go overboard. But mostly its part of the game IMO.
    I agree we all boo when a bad play happens and ect, but to boo every single time that goes overboard.

You dont see the giants fans booing bonds when he SO or when Schmidt gives up a HR.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    because it makes us feel better

MLB ERA
    Boo at your TV?

Rookie ERA
    BOOOOO...GiantsFan83

Sorry it's a habit.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i do whenever demspter comes in the game or novoa does.

but at the game, i only boo if someone does something really stupid (or just suck like Korey Patterson and he struck out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded).
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    DJ didn't win those championships, the team did, and he was lucky enough to be part of it

Arod got MVP's, DJ doesn't, and if DJ was really a true captian he would have moved to 3b and move arod to SS, but NO he has an ego

if you guys are going to boo him, then whats the point of signing him in the 1st place?
    The fans didn't sign him. Neither did Steinbrenner/Cashman. We traded for him.

And, if I remember correctly, A-Rod volunteered to move to 3B.

As for Jeter not winning the championships and the team doing so...what are you, joek?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83

Why in the world should Jeter have moved to let A-Rod play shortstop? Jeter had been their starting SS for something like 8 seasons before they even got A-Rod. The Yankees are Jeter's team. Rodriguez was obviously the odd-man out at the position due to that.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    Why in the world should Jeter have moved to let A-Rod play shortstop? Jeter had been their starting SS for something like 8 seasons before they even got A-Rod. The Yankees are Jeter's team. Rodriguez was obviously the odd-man out at the position due to that.
    because jeter sucks at shortstop?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    because jeter sucks at shortstop?
    I guess that's why he's won the last 2 gold gloves at shortstop.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast