Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY fans

MLB ERA
    It's more about consistently letting a team down, he's 3rd in the AL in errors for 3B, his RISP Avg is atrocious, and he has a penchant for the strikeout. Sorry buddy, you see stats, you don't see games.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    your pitching wasn't GOOD at all, it was really good enough to win the series you guys would have swept them, once again you CANT blame a SINGLE player for your TEAMS loss.

Ok i'll take your word that he was injured and didn't perform well, if he was injured shouldn't he be sitting on the bench? if he is a "team player" he would know he cant perform, but yet again he played, that just how selfish he is.
    We had ONE bad pitching peformance and that was Game 3. In 3 of the 5 games we gave up 2 Earned Runs! That's good enough to win a series! The White Sox had ONE game where they gave up less than 3 earned runs against Bos. ARod was the main reason we lost that series.

Now jeter is selfish for playing? He didn't committ an error in the LCS or WS and oh yeah he HIT A GW HR in game 4 of the WS. Even hurt and not playing to his ability he contributes more than a healthy ARod did last year in the postseason. ARod did not have an RBI in that LAA series!

MLB ERA
    why would you soley blame Arod for being inconsistant? Look at your pitching staff besides mussina and wong the rest of the pitching staff have been inconsistant.

Arod has 14 GW RBIs that leads the majors, that shows he has won between 7-14 games from his bat, and you guys say Arod is not clutch?

and have you guys seen Arods postseason numbers? 97 he hit .313, 00 he hit .371 in 04 he hit .320mexception of last years playoffs

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    We had ONE bad pitching peformance and that was Game 3. In 3 of the 5 games we gave up 2 Earned Runs! That's good enough to win a series! The White Sox had ONE game where they gave up less than 3 earned runs against Bos. ARod was the main reason we lost that series.

Now jeter is selfish for playing? He didn't committ an error in the LCS or WS and oh yeah he HIT A GW HR in game 4 of the WS. Even hurt and not playing to his ability he contributes more than a healthy ARod did last year in the postseason. ARod did not have an RBI in that LAA series!
    yes he is selfish, and so what he hit one GW HR woopdy doo want a cookie? you guys still didn't win the WS!

MLB ERA
    A-Rod is also the reason that Bernie Williams sucks, too.

MLB ERA
    Despite how I may feel about the Yankees organization Jeter is a stud and if I were a Yankee fan I'd take DJ over Arod any day of the week.

The guy is a winner.

AAA ERA
    Cant stand the majority of yankee fans they should just shut up cause they dont know what they are talking about half of the time.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA
    why would you soley blame Arod for being inconsistant? Look at your pitching staff besides mussina and wong the rest of the pitching staff have been inconsistant.

Arod has 14 GW RBIs that leads the majors, that shows he has won between 7-14 games from his bat, and you guys say Arod is not clutch?

and have you guys seen Arods postseason numbers? 97 he hit .313, 00 he hit .371 in 04 he hit .320mexception of last years playoffs
    That GW RBI stat is so misleading, it can be a RBI in the 1st inning- that's not clutch! I don't care about ARod's postseason #s, I care about his YANKEE postseason #s and outside of 1 good series against an overmatched Twins team he's done nothing and he was most responsible for our loss last year.

yes he is selfish, and so what he hit one GW HR woopdy doo want a cookie? you guys still didn't win the WS!
    You do know he was a key in FOUR World Series wins, right? To help you out that's 4 more than the history of the SF Giants.

MLB ERA
    That GW RBI stat is so misleading, it can be a RBI in the 1st inning- that's not clutch! I don't care about ARod's postseason #s, I care about his YANKEE postseason #s and outside of 1 good series against an overmatched Twins team he's done nothing and he was most responsible for our loss last year.

You do know he was a key in FOUR World Series wins, right? To help you out that's 4 more than the history of the SF Giants.
    Yah and also Arod hitting .320 with runners in scoring postions with 2 outs is also misleading.

You dumb yankee fans still havent justified booing Arod every single time when he strikes out and/or commits an error, but you guys wont boo the 8 other guys in the lineup who strikeout/commit errors!

Just shows how dumb you guys are.

Yankees

The A-Rod situation is pretty interesting, actually. It's mostly that in NY, the superstar is held to a higher standard than in most cases is humanly possible to achieve. (Hell, Mickey Mantle used to get booed in yankee stadium). That said, Yankees fans didn't boo A-Rod last year when he was playing well. They didn't really boo him early in the season when he was an average hitter. Even now, most of the fans in the ballpark don't boo, it's about 1 in every 5, it just seems like more because the quiet ones aren't exactly cheering about their prima-donna striking out.

I'll admit, now it has gotten out of hand. A-Rod has let the boos and the pressure get to his head, and instead of going back to basics and just driving the ball where it's pitched, he has this "I'm gonna show these ****ers the longest homerun they've ever seen" attitude that leads to ugly at bat after ugly at bat and more boos. At this point A-Rod doesn't even look good at the plate. He lost that swagger he had, the "I know I'm the best and I don't really need to prove it but I will anyway" attitude that made him the highest paid athlete in sports and put him on pace to break any major hitting record in existence (450 homeruns and 2000 hits at the age of 30 is okay I guess).

Who knows, maybe a trade is what he needs, or maybe he needs to just relax and win over the fans with the unrivaled talent that they are paying for but not getting.

Loosh, you're wasting your time arguing with this guy.

He's a moron.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Yah and also Arod hitting .320 with runners in scoring postions with 2 outs is also misleading.

You dumb yankee fans still havent justified booing Arod every single time when he strikes out and/or commits an error, but you guys wont boo the 8 other guys in the lineup who strikeout/commit errors!

Just shows how dumb you guys are.
    He's hitting .300 w/ RISP and 2 out not .320 and again that can be misleading. How many times did it happen when we were up or down big? In late innings of close games he's under .296 and most of that was from 1 good month. Take away May and his avg. in late, close games is .241. We don't need 1 big month, we need consistency. That's how it works w/ him, he'll have a big month or get meaningless HRs and RBI and his #s will look great at the end of the year but he rarely delivers when we need him most.

MLB ERA
    He's hitting .300 w/ RISP and 2 out not .320 and again that can be misleading. How many times did it happen when we were up or down big? In late innings of close games he's under .296 and most of that was from 1 good month. Take away May and his avg. in late, close games is .241. We don't need 1 big month, we need consistency. That's how it works w/ him, he'll have a big month or get meaningless HRs and RBI and his #s will look great at the end of the year but he rarely delivers when we need him most.
    everything must be misleading for you then? so if he's hiting .241 late, maybe that might be misleading also based on your pathetic logic

You got Joe Torre, Brian Cashman, hell even your former mayor backing up A-rod, where is your "captain" at? If he can defend Giambi last year, why isn't he defending A-rod?

Why does everyone have to defend A-Rod? He's making 252 million, I think he should be able to handle himself.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Then why did Jeter defend Giambi who's making 113 million.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast