Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NY fans

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I guess that's why he's won the last 2 gold gloves at shortstop.
    Exactly why he won it

Because he is the most showoffy/overrated player in baseball. He has no love for the game anymore.

Only if more players were like David Wright and Jose Reyes.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    Could you guys please tell me whats your logic of booing your own player(s)?

Its really getting annoying when almost every single time when A-rod commits an error or strikes out the NY fans have to boo him.

Do you expect him not to make any errors? Do you expect him not to strikeout? Overated Derek Jeter makes errors and strikes out, why dont you guys boo him? why not boo all of your players who commit errors and strikes out?
    B/c "Overrated" Derek Jeter came through for us time after time after time when he was a key in the Yanks winning FOUR Championships. ARod is a #s guy who is not a clutch player, NY fans can see through that.

I am not a person that will ever boo(I just feel silly booing someone) but if fans want to boo they can. If anyone deserves it it's ARod.

by the way, Jeter and Mariano have been booed in recent years but they don't go into a shell whn it happens. They fought through it and succeeded unlike ARod where it seems to be in his head all the time now.

AAA ERA
    DJ didn't win those championships, the team did, and he was lucky enough to be part of it

Arod got MVP's, DJ doesn't, and if DJ was really a true captian he would have moved to 3b and move arod to SS, but NO he has an ego

if you guys are going to boo him, then whats the point of signing him in the 1st place?
    Jeter was a key in winning 4 Championships. I'll take a WS MVP(which Jeter has) over an 2 reg season MVPs especially since he didn't deserve it last year.

You can have all the fantasy stats you want but Derek Jeter is better than ARod. I used to be dazzled by #s too but watching ARod pad his stats in meaningless situations has shown me that derek is better. Give me a guy who has lesser #s but comes through in the clutch any day over a guy who has great #s but rarely comes through.

The real funny thing is ARod took a shot at jeter a few years ago basically saying Jeter had it easy w/ all the great players around him well we've had better individual offensive players since ARod's been here and he still hasn't delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballFanatic
    Exactly why he won it

Because he is the most showoffy/overrated player in baseball. He has no love for the game anymore.

Only if more players were like David Wright and Jose Reyes.
    read last week's SI, Wright's own teammates make fun of him for trying to make every routine catch look spectacular.

jeter has no love for the game anymore? Do you watch the Yanks at all or are you just watching the boring, lousy NL games?

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    read last week's SI, Wright's own teammates make fun of him for trying to make every routine catch look spectacular.

jeter has no love for the game anymore? Do you watch the Yanks at all or are you just watching the boring, lousy NL games?
    Derek Jeter makes every routine play look spectacular.
    Why would I waste my time watching Yankees games while I can watch exciting NL games.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I guess that's why he's won the last 2 gold gloves at shortstop.
    he won those gold gloves after they got A-rod in 04, before that in 02-03 A-rod had won'em, just shows you who's a better player at SS.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    The fans didn't sign him. Neither did Steinbrenner/Cashman. We traded for him.

And, if I remember correctly, A-Rod volunteered to move to 3B.

As for Jeter not winning the championships and the team doing so...what are you, joek?
    Yah same shit different toilet.

Ofcourse he volunteered, do you expect him to be demanding.

Baseball is a team game, you cant say one particular player won the world series, when you got 10-15 other guys who also contributed.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BaseballFanatic
    Derek Jeter makes every routine play look spectacular.
    Why would I waste my time watching Yankees games while I can watch exciting NL games.
    Exciting NL games The NL is a joke, remember waht happened when you faced the AL? and Wright is the one who makes every routine play look spectacular. Again read the article from last week's SI, byt ehw way "Rip City, captain red Ass"? What's going on in that clubhosue? I thought Piazza was gone?

he won those gold gloves after they got A-rod in 04, before that in 02-03 A-rod had won'em, just shows you who's a better player at SS.
    ARod is a better all around player most of the time but when the lights shine bright derek shows up while ARod does not. If I had a choice btw the 2 it's no contest- i'm taking Jeter, let ARod go fail in big spots for some other team.

MLB ERA
    ARod is a better all around player most of the time but when the lights shine bright derek shows up while ARod does not. If I had a choice btw the 2 it's no contest- i'm taking Jeter, let ARod go fail in big spots for some other team.
    Where was Jeter durring the last 2 ALCS against your rival Boston? he only hit .200 in the 04 ALCS and .233 in the 03 ALCS, yet you guys will blame it on A-rod, when your "golden boy" cant hit worth shit!
    Where was Jeter durring the 01 WS? .148 avg

AAA ERA
    Where was Jeter durring the last 2 ALCS against your rival Boston? he only hit .200 in the 04 ALCS and .233 in the 03 ALCS, yet you guys will blame it on A-rod, when your "golden boy" cant hit worth shit!
    Where was Jeter durring the 01 WS? .148 avg
    1st off Jeter was a WS MVP and a kepy to 4 World Championships, secondly he was hurt in 2001 after that spectatcular ctach in the photographers booth vs. oakland in the ALDS. 3rd, Derek didn't have a great series in the '03 ALCS but who was it starting the 8th inning rally in game 7? yep it was Jeter like he has done so many times before. In '04 the whole team collapsed after they went up 3-0 so ARod doesn't get the blame but he comes back last year against LAA in the ALDS and had TWO hits in 5 games! Also had key errors and baserunning blunders. He pretty much single handedly cost us that series. If we had decent play from him we would have won but he was dreadful in all areas of the game right up until down 2 in the 9th of game 5 after jeter tried to start another big rally ARod grounded into a DP to end it.

MLB ERA
    1st off Jeter was a WS MVP and a kepy to 4 World Championships, secondly he was hurt in 2001 after that spectatcular ctach in the photographers booth vs. oakland in the ALDS. 3rd, Derek didn't have a great series in the '03 ALCS but who was it starting the 8th inning rally in game 7? yep it was Jeter like he has done so many times before. In '04 the whole team collapsed after they went up 3-0 so ARod doesn't get the blame but he comes back last year against LAA in the ALDS and had TWO hits in 5 games! Also had key errors and baserunning blunders. He pretty much single handedly cost us that series. If we had decent play from him we would have won but he was dreadful in all areas of the game right up until down 2 in the 9th of game 5 after jeter tried to start another big rally ARod grounded into a DP to end it.
    i'm talking about recent postseason not something from 6-8 years ago, great now your going to give the injury excuse, its pretty pathetic how you can easly blame a single guy for your TEAMs loss, look how horrible your 10+ million dollar pitchers performed, you got mussina and johnson with over 5 ERA's, last time i checked pitching wins in the playoffs, if you cant pitch how do you expect to win?

You, my friend, need to get acquainted with the period.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    i'm talking about recent postseason not something from 6-8 years ago, great now your going to give the injury excuse, its pretty pathetic how you can easly blame a single guy for your TEAMs loss, look how horrible your 10+ million dollar pitchers performed, you got mussina and johnson with over 5 ERA's, last time i checked pitching wins in the playoffs, if you cant pitch how do you expect to win?
    We lost Game 2 b/c of ARod errors and baserunning blunders and he consistently killed us throughout the entire series. Every player had good and bad moments but 1 player had nothing but bad moments at bad times for us. If we get a decent ARod we win that series in probably 4 games. The pitching was good enough to win that series- ARod KILLED us. In 3 of the 5 games our pitching staff allowed 2 earned runs, in only 1 game was out ptiching shelled(Game 3). ARod was the main reason we lost that series.

You don't buy his injury in '01? He was hurt on that play I mentioned in the 8th inning of game 5 and in that Oak series he hit .444 w/ 8 hits in the 5 games while in the ALCS he hit .118 and the WS .148 collecting 6 total hits in the 2 series(12 games).

MLB ERA
    We lost Game 2 b/c of ARod errors and baserunning blunders and he consistently killed us throughout the entire series. Every player had good and bad moments but 1 player had nothing but bad moments at bad times for us. If we get a decent ARod we win that series in probably 4 games. The pitching was good enough to win that series- ARod KILLED us. In 3 of the 5 games our pitching staff allowed 2 earned runs, in only 1 game was out ptiching shelled(Game 3). ARod was the main reason we lost that series.

You don't buy his injury in '01? He was hurt on that play I mentioned in the 8th inning of game 5 and in that Oak series he hit .444 w/ 8 hits in the 5 games while in the ALCS he hit .118 and the WS .148 collecting 6 total hits in the 2 series(12 games).
    your pitching wasn't GOOD at all, it was really good enough to win the series you guys would have swept them, once again you CANT blame a SINGLE player for your TEAMS loss.

Ok i'll take your word that he was injured and didn't perform well, if he was injured shouldn't he be sitting on the bench? if he is a "team player" he would know he cant perform, but yet again he played, that just how selfish he is.

MLB ERA
    Dude, A-Rod is good for what he is. A regular season guy who puts up nice #'s. He isn't clutch, and I've learned to deal with that. Jeter makes every play look easy, not flashy like every Mets shortstop since Rey Ordonez. And as far as David Wright, don't you remember? He sucks in the field. He too had a three error game this year, yet, unlike A-Rod, has never one a Gold Glove.

As far as this argument, I'll try to stay away from this point foward, because 2 of the most immature members on this site (BF and GF83) seem immune to logic and common sense.

MLB ERA
    Since you brought up logic and common sense.

So whats the logic behind ny fans for booing someone every single time he commits an error and/or strikesout?
    If you have any common sense you would boo every single person who commits an error and/or strikes out.

And for you guys to say Arod does not come through in the clutch, get your facts straight he has 14 GW RBI that leads majors this year

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast