Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your 1st big league game?

MLB ERA

Re: Your 1st big league game?

My first game, or at least the first one I remember was the Mets against the Giants on August 5th 1998. The Mets lost the game, but they pulled off a triple play. Ground ball to Olerud at first, throws to Alfonzo at second, back to Olerud for the DP. Bonds breaks from third, Olerud throws home, and Piazza tags out Barroid!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My first big league game was a Yankees game sad enough. I was maybe 5 or so and was dragged against my will to the game. I was so mad and didn't want to be there. Until I saw the opposing team take the field (the A's) and I thought that they were wearing pretty uniforms (they were throwbacks). The rest is history.

oh, r u an A's fan?
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    My first game was when I was 4 years old or almost 4 years old. It was of course at Fenway and I really can't remember who the Sox were playing that night.
    I have been to fenway it is awsomme!

My first game was at 6 months old...i dont remember much about it except for the programme i got...the Brewers won and my Dad says that i clapt for about 30 minuits straight when the Brewers hit a home run...eveyrone else was clapping so my dad says i clapped awsell...just a little to too much though .

I then attended another brewers game at the age 7 we won and i caught a foul ball Jenkins hit a HR

I have also been to fenway, wrigley field, country stadium, shea stadium, camden Yards and Yankee Stadium. I am also going to see the brewers at Miller Park in september.

I have been to an NFL NHL and NBA game in the states of my fav team, and also i wnet to the NFL NBA and NHL game in london.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewrock View Post
    oh, r u an A's fan?
    Yup. Best team in baseball, IMO.

ima have to dissagree there

AAA ERA

I have vivid memories of going to my first game w/ my Dad but I don't remember who the Yanks were playing or what year it was. I believe it was the early 80s but I'm not 100% sure.

I remember seeing the beautiful green grass walking through the tunnel for the first time, I remember fans throwing Reggie bars on the field, I remmeber everything being "free". The tickets were through my Mom's company and it was some sort of company day so they kept brining us food and drinks. I remember the next game I went to wondering why that didn't continue I remember my dad flashing his badge and the police officers giving us a great parking spot b/c of it(we never paid for parking when we went to games). Most importantly I remember spending the day w/ my Dad who died a few years ago. I am very sad knowing this Stadium will no longer be around after this year and I'll have a great time taking my 3 year old to his first game this summer.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Victoris Day at the "Skydome". Blue Jays vs. White Sox.

I was there with a grade 9 class trip, so this was 8 years ago to the day. since we wee a large group, we all sat in the 500 level, so we were a long ways up on the first base side.

So long ago I can't even remember who won.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The first game I remember was Met@St. Louis, August 3rd, 1990. My dad's assistant coach at the time used to be a pitcher for Alabama University and roomed with Dave Magadan in college. He later on went to face Roger Clemens in the College World Series. Anyway, Magadan gave my dad's assistant coach tickets to the game. He couldn;t go so we did and got to meet Magadan before the game and shook his hand and got an autograph. The only reason I remember this game is on this certain date is because Daryl Boston hit a bomb and Vince Coleman stole a base and this is the only day both happened. When I say he hit a bomb, it was almost out of the damn stadium!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers @ Padres. Trevor Hoffman clock night. Trevor blows the save. The Dodgers fans around us mockingly shout "It's Trevor Time!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123