Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: All Star Game rosters in full

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1st and 4th

Jose Lopez is #1

and Probably Iguchi is #4
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

The fans are pretty stupid to vote pudge over mauer as mauer is far superior than pudge this season.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Perhaps they voted for Pudge because this could be his last ASG?

Or they're morons.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Rookie ERA
    Mauer still isn't as popular as Pudge yet, even though he is doing better this year. I didn't vote for him but I voted early and at the time I wasn't expecting him to still be doing so well at this point in time. I'll vote later next year because I probably would have voted for Mauer if I did... I voted for Jason Varitek, but his bat still hasn't gotten going yet so it was a bad choice.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It's hard to argue that Iguchi doesn't belong because he plays stellar defense and he can hit. Too many White Sox so I can handle him not being there now!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    1st and 4th

Jose Lopez is #1

and Probably Iguchi is #4
    After looking up some stats I am pretty sure DeRosa is #4.
    Iguchi isn't even batting .300.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    1) Jose Lopez
    2) Tadahito Iguchi
    3) Robinson Cano
    4) Mark DeRosa (I meant to put Loretta here, my bad)
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan_Ryan
    Josh Beckett isn't an all-star this year and he is 10-3. Beckett had a wonderful beginning, like Schilling, but then had trouble in some games. Ever since he changed something in his delivery, however, his ERA has done nothing but go down. He has a 4.64 ERA but it's better than let's say...
    he is now tied for the most homers given up in the majors at 24 with Scott Elarton! that's one reason why he's not an all-star...oh, and his ERA is over 4.50 is another...the Redman argument doesn't hold because someone had to be picked from the Royals and the Sox already had 4 picked.

MLB ERA
    BTW, Hafner now holds the record for most grand slams before the ASG with 5...the record for the year is 6 by Mattingly. Hafner has 25 bombs, 74 RBIs, 68 runs, .460 OBP, .657 SLG, 1.117 OPS .318 AVG...****ing ridiculous

4th in runs
    8th in homers
    4th in RBIs
    1st in OBP
    2nd in SLG
    2nd in OPS

screw job

MLB ERA
    Correction...Beckett now leads the league all by himself with 25 homers given up...the last two to Dye...Beckett might give up over 40 the way he's going

edit: 26 now...Thome just went deep.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

All-Star Game Starting Lineups

American League

RF Ichiro Suzuki
    SS Derek Jeter
    1B David Ortiz
    3B Alex Rodriguez
    LF Vladimir Guerrero
    C Ivan Rodriguez
    CF Vernon Wells
    2B Mark Loretta
    P Kenny Rogers

National League

LF Alfonso Soriano
    CF Carlos Beltran
    1B Albert Pujols
    RF Jason Bay
    SS Edgar Renteria
    3B David Wright
    2B Chase Utley
    C Paul Lo Duca
    P Brad Penny

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Kenny Rogers has gone from all-star scourge to all-star game starter.

The Tigers' left-hander, the top winner for the team with the best record in the majors, will be on the mound for the AL on Tuesday night against Brad Penny of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Rogers will be trying to extend a nine-game AL unbeaten streak.

Rogers is 11-3 with a 3.85 ERA, while Penny is 10-2 with a 2.91 ERA. Rogers will be ready -- he hasn't started since Wednesday, lasting 5 2-3 innings in a victory against Oakland.

"He's well-rested," AL manager Ozzie Guillen said of the decision to start Rogers.

Penny also made his last start Wednesday, allowing two runs in seven innings against Arizona, but also pitched one-third of an inning in relief Sunday in the Dodgers' 3-1 win over San Francisco.

Guillen was limited in his choices as three top AL starters pitched Sunday: the Blue Jays' Roy Halladay (12-2), the White Sox's Jose Contreras (9-0) and the Twins' Johan Santana (9-5).

"There's a lot of guys that deserve to start, but it was unfortunate they pitched yesterday," Rogers said.

Rogers will be throwing to his regular catcher, too, in Ivan Rodriguez -- it will be the first time the Tigers have had the starting battery in an all-star game. Rogers will be the first Tigers pitcher to start the all-star game since Jack Morris at the Metrodome in 1985.

It was this time a year ago Rogers was under intense scrutiny for knocking down a cameraman during a videotaped tirade.

Rogers, then with the Rangers, was charged with a misdemeanor in Texas after videotape of the June 29 incident showed him walking onto Ameriquest Field in Arlington and pushing a television camera to the ground. He agreed to attend an anger management class to avoid further punishment.

"It was very difficult," Rogers said. "I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hard, but I think I grew up with up and it made me a little better. ... Every challenge in my life that's come my way, I try to take advantage of anything I can learn from it and try to be better."

NL manager Phil Garner, attending a news conference Monday morning in Pittsburgh less than 11 hours after a 7-5, 12-inning loss to the Cardinals in Houston, unveiled a batting order that finds the Nationals' Alfonso Soriano leading off and playing left field, followed by CF Carlos Beltran, Mets; 1B Albert Pujols, Cardinals; RF Jason Bay of Trail, B.C., Pirates; SS Edgar Renteria, Braves; 3B David Wright, Mets; 2B Chase Utley, Phillies; C Paul Lo Duca, Mets and Penny.

Bay will be out of position; he has played left field and centre field for the Pirates but has almost no experience in right field. Garner decided to hit Pujols third and Bay fourth, rather than the other way around, because Bay has hit so well against Garner's Astros with runners on base.

"Every time somebody's on base, he becomes a different hitter," Garner said.

Guillen will lead off with Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki, RF, followed by SS Derek Jeter, Yankees; 1B David Ortiz, Red Sox; 3B Alex Rodriguez, Yankees; LF Vladimir Guerrero, Angels; C Rodriguez; CF Vernon Wells of the Toronto Blue Jays, who is starting in place of the injured Manny Ramirez; 2B Mark Loretta, Red Sox and Rogers.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Renteria hitting behind Bay?

Kind of funny that Brad Penny is pitching to Paul Lo Duca, since they were traded for each other.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I hope Liriano gets to pitch and lights up some hitters.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456