Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Game rosters in full

MLB ERA
    Swisher was named but that was an error, it's actually Pierzynski.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    I don't care about the NL vote. Him, NOMAH, or Capuano all work for me.
    Nomar will get too many homer votes and he's been to enough just being injured all half season.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

I'm going to blame Ozzie because Pierz is on there, even if it was an error.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    He gave us two pretty huge reasons this year - Mark Redman and Travis Hafner.

Verlander, Liriano, Ramon Hernandez, AJ Pierzynski (?!?!) and Travis Hafner is the final vote for the AL.
    Nomar, Abreu, Chris Capuano, Billy Wagner, and Chris Young for the NL.

I'm voting Hafner and Nomar.
    I'm going to have a tough time with the AL vote. Hafner should be there, definately over the two White Sox 1B, clearly a homer move from Ozzie. And then, he goes and adds Pierzynski to this list, because he is a homer, and probably the only guy who likes Pierzynski. I really like Ramon Hernandez, and feel he should be a lock for the AS game (tops among catchers in HR, RBI, and throwing out runners) in addition to being responsible for, what seems like every other Orioles victory. I won't be a homer, and will vote for Hafner.

Swisher was named but that was an error, it's actually Pierzynski.
    Pierzynski actually made the team, and doesn't have to be voted in? That is complete bullshit. Ramon Hernandez deserves that spot, and then Victor Martinez should be in the final voting.

MLB ERA
    no no, Swisher was named in the final vote but it was an error, and AJ is his replacement for the final vote.

Rookie ERA
    Darn I was gonna start the ASG topic but kept getting "page could not be displayed" then I had to eat dinner... Anyways, heres what I typed up: (excuse my typos)

First of all, Ozzie Guillen is a piece of dung.

Mark Buehrle is obviously starting the game... As for the other starting pitchers, Ozzie Guillen must have been drunk when he chose them. I'm a Red Sox fan, and I'm am in shock! Curt Schilling isn't one of the starting pitchers for the AL. He's 10-2 with a 3.54 ERA or something like that. Schilling has better numbers than some of the other starting pitchers for the AL. Josh Beckett isn't an all-star this year and he is 10-3. Beckett had a wonderful beginning, like Schilling, but then had trouble in some games. Ever since he changed something in his delivery, however, his ERA has done nothing but go down. He has a 4.64 ERA but it's better than let's say... the 5.59 ERA of SP Mark Redman who is an all-star this year...

For the closers. I saw Jonathan Papelbon on the list. If the AL has a lead going into the 9th, we are almost guaranteed to win. Don't forget about Mariano Rivera or however you spell his name .

For the rest of the field, there is the following: Ivan Rodriguez, David Ortiz, Mark Loretta, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez, Ichiro Suzuki, and Vladimir Guerrero. I have to give that an A, but not an A+. Alex Rodriguez hasn't done well playing third base, but at least he has 17 homers... I'm wondering who is going to bat second. Loretta or Jeter? I voted for Cantu from the D-Rays, but Loretta got the job for second base. Loretta does a great job batting second for the Red Sox, but then you got Derek Jeter over at SS. Just the fact that Derek Jeter is, well, Derek Jeter, gives his a great chance to be the one batting second... Manny and Vlad in the outfield, Ortiz at first base, and Ichiro leading off the lineup is gonna rock.

That was just about all of the All-Star selection show that I saw. I said "screw it" when I found out Curt Schilling wasn't on the roster.

Oh by the way, Albert Pujols is starting at first base for the NL. You know he will give the AL hell.

MLB ERA
    How the hell did Mark Redman get voted? Methinks he formed a cult of people to continously vote for him.

Redman had to go as a KC representative. And I couldn't put Beckett there, even with a great W-L record.

But yeah, Ozzie's dung.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    How the hell did Mark Redman get voted? Methinks he formed a cult of people to continously vote for him.
    Simple, Ozzie was drunk and thought he saw a 0.59 ERA instead of a 5.59 ERA when he looked at Redman's stats

MLB ERA
    I honestly could not be happier to see Gary Matthews Jr. named as a reserve, even if it was as a replacement. He more than deserved to go to the all-star with the kind of year he was having. Nice to see Mike Young making his 3rd all-star appearance as well. Although I am disappointed Teixeira and Blalock didn't make it.

Here is something wierd though. Apparently Ivan Rodriguez is only 23 years old and is making his first all-star appearance.

We got a lot of first timers this year too.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am not upset with the Capuano pick as one of the canidates to be voted in but just based on personal bias, I would of loved to had the chance to vote for Harangatang. Of course none of that matters as Billy Wagner will win huge if Mets fans continue to vote like crazy.

MLB ERA
    I think Nomar has a big chance to swipe it from Wagner. Not only will he have most of the LA fanbase behind him, there probably isn't a Boston fan in the world who stopped loving him, and he'll get a lot of the casual fan voting just because he's one of the most notable names in baseball.

Rookie ERA
    I think Nomar has a big chance to swipe it from Wagner. Not only will he have most of the LA fanbase behind him, there probably isn't a Boston fan in the world who stopped loving him, and he'll get a lot of the casual fan voting just because he's one of the most notable names in baseball.
    I agree with you there

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is unimportant.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast