• Carlos Beltan

0 0%
  • Ichiro

4 13.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best fielder/batter combo in the league

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    My vote was for ARod. Yes, he had a big error the other day but he played gold glove caliber at 3B last year and has made some good plays at the start of this year. I also look for some great offensive production this year after the year of adjustment is under his belt.
    I tell ya what. I am amazed how Rodriguez was able to adapt in his new position at the hot corner last year. Goes to show you how special he is defensively. Michael Cuddyer is playing a new position this year for the Twins this year at 3B with Corey Koskie's departure as a free agent and he has been having a rough go of it as he had some errors in the series against Chicago. I am sure Cuddyer will adapt, but it takes such a long time. Mike Piazza did the best he could at first, but the Mets really weren't comfortable with him at first so he is back to being a catcher. Rodriguez made the transition seamlessly.

MLB ERA
    It is a good point that Derek Jeter is on this poll and Scott Rolen isn't. Edmonds is here for his diving, and not for his range.

Pujols shouldn't be. First basemen don't count.

It really speaks volumes speaking of the Twins to come into this year with a whole new left side for their infield. Win the division or not they will likely be fighting up to the last day.

I was watching some of the WhiteSox/Twins the other day since Buehrle was going vs Santana. Cuddyer made me realize why I love this game even when the Yankees are playing with a sweet play on a line drive although his throw was off. I love the outstretched fielder just getting to the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I tell ya what. I am amazed how Rodriguez was able to adapt in his new position at the hot corner last year. Goes to show you how special he is defensively. Michael Cuddyer is playing a new position this year for the Twins this year at 3B with Corey Koskie's departure as a free agent and he has been having a rough go of it as he had some errors in the series against Chicago. I am sure Cuddyer will adapt, but it takes such a long time. Mike Piazza did the best he could at first, but the Mets really weren't comfortable with him at first so he is back to being a catcher. Rodriguez made the transition seamlessly.

As long there are Yankee Fans(some being "Jeter marks"), Jeter will make every poll and get some votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    It is a good point that Derek Jeter is on this poll and Scott Rolen isn't. Edmonds is here for his diving, and not for his range.

Pujols shouldn't be. First basemen don't count.

AA ERA
    RLA: I talked about the Twins infield defense on the Twins board today. I talked about how people are doubting about our infield defense. I don't think it's going to be an issue since these guys practice everyday with their defense and they will get better through repetition.

I hope you enjoyed the show by Johan last night. That was something else. He was throwing that same changeup yet Chicago kept missing.

I was impressed how he got out of trouble early. He certainly is making a case that last year was not a fluke.

The strong point of Minnesota is that they are fundamentally sound year in and out. They are within a play or two in the playoffs of not only competing but getting by the big (market) boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    RLA: I talked about the Twins infield defense on the Twins board today. I talked about how people are doubting about our infield defense. I don't think it's going to be an issue since these guys practice everyday with their defense and they will get better through repetition.

I hope you enjoyed the show by Johan last night. That was something else. He was throwing that same changeup yet Chicago kept missing.

AA ERA
    RLA: Losing Game 2 was a killer last year. I am still amazed why in the world did Gardenhire left a tired Joe Nathan in the 14th inning. I understood Joe was going to close the game with Torii giving the Twins a lead via the HR. With that said, Joe labored the previous inning and he threw 9 straight balls. Yankees fans sensed that he was done so they kept screaming and rallying around the team. Yankees knew he was meat. For some stupid reason, I had no idea why Gardy kept him out there despite the fact he threw 11 straight balls. I am sure he wanted the double play, but that's hard to do against a great lineup like the Yankees. I rather lose with a guy who has a fresh arm than lose with a guy who is tired after four innings. That hurt the Twins IMO.

MLB ERA
    why is Bonds on this list? He may be the greatest hitter in MLB, but he's garbage in the outfield.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

1. Vladimir Guerrero- not the basestealing or range threat he used to be, but still tops at his position in both departments.
    2. Carl Crawford- only not #1 because of his lack of power, which I fully expect to increase this season. Incredible player
    3. Vernon Wells- had an injury-plagued season last year, but he's a stud
    4. Bobby Abreu- patient at the plate, fast on the basepaths and has the best range of perhaps any corner OF'er in baseball
    5. Ichiro Suzuki- best slap hitter in the game, best arm in the outfield

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234