Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Ryan should be shot

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bob Ryan should be shot

How can you accuse Nomar of steroids and then say you weren't accusing him? His logic is that Nomar has been breaking down so he had to of been on roids. He also that Nomar gained weight. Its not like this guy could get any smaller when he first came up. Who's next? Eckstein? Neifi Perez? Dumbasses like Bob Ryan shouldn't have an opportunity to reach out to as many people as he does. Remember the remarks he made about Jason Kidd's son?

I don't mind him accusing of Nomar of being on steroids...but it's his risk and if he says something like that, he shouldn't take it back.

I honestly don't remember what he said about Kidd's son, enlighten me.

Rookie ERA
    Who is Bob Ryan? A sports journalist?

AA ERA
    Bob Ryan writes for the Boston Globe.

Ryan never ripped T.J. Kidd, Jason's son. He ripped the loquacious, opinionated Joumana Kidd (watch her open her mouth about how her husband should go to a contender as soon as the Nets season is over which should be this weekend) about how she is using his son for publicity reasons.

As for Ryan, he is an idiot. I don't take him seriously. If he wants to make a living by saying stupid stuff as love the reefe mentioned, it's on him and it just show you what type of character he is.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He made a comment on how he hated seeing Jason Kidd's wife and son "showing off" at games. He made more comments about his son that were totally out of bounds and had nothing to do with SPORTS. And if I am not mistaken, he had to make a public apology and was told to take a vacation. We should hold these people more responsible. Nomar needs this like he needs Mia to kick a soccer ball up his ass. Nothing like kicking a man when he is down.

Also Bob Ryan writes for the Boston Globe.

He had to issue an apology for saying something to the effect of "she should be smacked". I don't think he meant it in the physical sense, but theoretically (I know she was doing something idiotic at the time, it was a few years ago), but many people took it seriously, and with Kidd's prior domestic abuse problem, he was suspended from the Globe and I think ATH for a week.

If you are referring to what I think you are, then Steak is right. I don't think he had anything against the son (now, certain Boston fans, some of those jackasses did have something to say, which is deplorable), but rather the wife.

I don't have much against Bob Ryan. He has said stupid things, I won't deny that, but on the whole, he's a good writer.

MLB ERA
    I'll put in a good word.

I've seen Bob Ryan speak on some sport shows, and he's an idiot.

Accusing Nomar on roids. Jeez. Quite stupid on his part.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    It's not that far fetched. Who would have thought Alex Sanchez would get suspended for violating the steroid policy and see how small he is. You have to suspect anybody and everybody. I'm not trying to defend Ryan but if he thinks Nomar did steroids, he has that right to write that he thinks Nomar did. It's his first amendment right after all.

Just my 2 cents

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That kind of logic hurts people. Sanchez took a banned substance and was not a steroid.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sanchez did NOT test possitive for steriods.

He violated the leagues drug policy, which includes OTC things. If Sanchez took steriods, he would've been Brady Anderson last year...

Sportswriters have a responsibility to write credible articles. If he is writing that he "thinks" Nomar was on steroids, then he is a disgrace to his profession and a scumbag. We are allowed to hash that around in the Smak Forum but sportswriters are not given the same luxury.

I wish someone would sue a sportswriter or a Caneseco for accusing them of steroids.

AA ERA
    I am sick and tired of sportswriters acting like idiots nowadays. They go degrade other teams and other cities in their columns. It started with Denver Post's Woody Paige and now every writer does it. It's becoming a chic thing in sports journalism and it's not very good. Last year, Mike Vaccaro of the NY Post went out of his weay to rip the Twins the day before the ALDS and I let Vaccaro know about it. Sportswriters like to be so negative and they like to harp on the negatives. They rather create the news than report the news.

Sports journalism is not what it used to be.

How many times have people written articles that basically equate to Bonds = steroid junkie? How many times have they gotten the bashfest that Ryan is getting here?

With that said...I agree that Ryan is completely in the wrong if he is accusing Nomar with no proof. I never supported the Bonds bashing nor will I support Nomar bashing. If he has no proof or heavy circumstancial proof (which even the Bonds articles had at times), then Ryan should hide...for a long, long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast