Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Pujols implicated for steroids by Grimsley?

MLB ERA

Report: Pujols implicated for steroids by Grimsley?

So ... We've Got Some Affidavit Names
    Everyone’s guessing about who the blacked-out names in the Jason Grimsley report are, and it has been a fun parlor game so far. But we all knew eventually the names would get out. And we’ve been digging around … and some sources have given us some names.

How reliable are these names? We feel pretty confident in them, but we can’t go 100 percent, since the information is secondhand. We’ll say this: If Bud Selig issuing a press release naming the names is a 10, and picking a player at random out of the Baseball Encyclopedia is a 1, we’re at an 8.

So. Let’s do it then. Remember: Betting lines are for entertainment purposes only.

First: The person who told Grimsley about the positive test in 2003. That’s former Royals general manager Allard Baird.

As many people have guessed, one of the “former players” who were sold out by Grimsley: Sammy Sosa. Our source(s) couldn’t confirm if the other was Rafael Palmeiro.

Nothing new or exciting about that name. Then it starts to get interesting. We’ve heard amphetamine rumors of Miguel Tejada, but we can’t confirm that. What we can confirm? The doozy.

Grimsley says that a former employee of [redacted] and personal fitness trainer to several Major League Baseball players once referred him to an amphetamine source.. Later, this source provided him with “amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.” This trainer? His name is Chris Mihlfeld, a Kansas City-based “strength and conditioning guru.” (And former Strength And Conditioning Coordinator for the Royals.) If you read the document, it doesn’t say the trainer/Mihlfeld supplied all the HGH and what-not; it just says the trainer was the referrer. Mihlfeld.

Does Mihlfeld’s name sound familiar? If it doesn’t, he — and we assure you, this gives us no pleasure to write this — has been Albert Pujols’ personal trainer since before Pujols was drafted by the Cardinals in the 13th round of the 1999 draft. We have no confirmation that Pujols’ name is in the affidavit … but Mihlfeld’s is.

Yeah. Sigh. We just report what we’re told, folks. Ever hope your source is wrong? This is one of those times.

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseb...mes-179400.php
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Pujols takes HGH or anything else. I'd be surprised if Derek Jeter is named, Pujols not.

MLB ERA
    But wow would it cause problems regardless!

Although as long as Griffey, Dunn and the other Reds sluggers aren't implicated, I won't be TOO angry.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The only thing that surprises me about this is that Pujols hasn't been implicated earlier.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    People have been saying Pujols was dirty, for a while. No surprise here.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    [giants fan] But you can't prove that steroids help you hit homeruns! [/giants fan]

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Dirty why start shit?

If you guys want to point fingers, do it at the right people! The Commissioners office and the Players Union.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I've said for a long time that Jumbo Giambi has been using HGH...you don't go from Steroid huge guy to skinny tumor guy to almost being sent to AA guy to all of the sudden huge like Steroid guy and hitting like Steroid guy without using something!

I'm sure you were saying that when he was an Athletic.

"Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Jeter is named, baseball will be thrown into chaos. I'd pretty much be floored if someone like Jeter was named, or a great pitcher. Some big homerun guy wouldn't be as appalling.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    I'm sure you were saying that when he was an Athletic.

he was on steroids then...I'm talking about since he's been "clean." This has occurred while on the Yankees.

AAA ERA
    The sad truth is that 100's of players take either HGH or Steroids or both. This is what was done for the last 5 to 20 years and will be known as the era of Steroids & HGH. To think all the players on the other teams take this stuff and players on my team don't is living with your head in the sand. More player's were on this stuff than not. Be realistic and look at this problem for what it is. JMO

MLB ERA
    I feel let down by many players, Pujols especially if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    The only thing that surprises me about this is that Pujols hasn't been implicated earlier.
    Yep. Anytime a guy goes on a rampage like Albert has/is heads will turn. If it turns out to be true it won't surpise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    The sad truth is that 100's of players take either HGH or Steroids or both. This is what was done for the last 5 to 20 years and will be known as the era of Steroids & HGH. To think all the players on the other teams take this stuff and players on my team don't is living with your head in the sand. More player's were on this stuff than not. Be realistic and look at this problem for what it is. JMO
    And to go further with this point, how many pitchers do yo think are on HGH or steroids? A lot would be my guess. Clemens can't be ruled out. Look at that guy -- he's huge and seems to get bigger year-by-year. Hey, I'm just sayin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast