Thread: The Suspensions

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Suspensions

MLB suspended Michael Barrett 10 games for punching A.J. Pierzynski last week.
    Unless appealed, the suspension is expected to begin Friday, which means Cubs fans have way too much Henry Blanco in their futures.

MLB suspended Brian Anderson five games for his role in Saturday's bench-clearing incident with the Cubs.
    Michael Barrett, who started things by punching A.J. Pierzynski, was suspended for 10 games. Anderson had been losing at-bats to Rob Mackowiak anyway, so the White Sox will simply turn to Mackowiak for the rest of the month.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    he appealed the suspension so we get some time before the blanco stuff happens.

cora got a 2 gamer too.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Fining A.J. $2,000 was absolutely ridiculous.

MLB ERA
    AJ deserved nothing, but the money is so small it's probably irrelevant to him.

Barrett's is fair, and I'd say Anderson's is fair.

A.J. wass on ESPN radio today. He is appealing the fine. Said he didn't understand it. The fine was for raing his arms as he was returnign to the dugout and they said it was "inciting the crowd". Whatever. Total bullshit.

Barrett's supsension in my opinion isn't enough. That was a chicken shit cheap shot. There is no place in this game for that kind of crap.

Barrett got off easier than I thought he would. Maybe the White Sox spoke on his behalf so they can bean him when they play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    Barrett got off easier than I thought he would. Maybe the White Sox spoke on his behalf so they can bean him when they play again.
    I agree.

And...Bwahahahaha on point #2.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    Barrett's supsension in my opinion isn't enough. That was a chicken shit cheap shot. There is no place in this game for that kind of crap.
    10 games? thatd be equal to 5 games in the NBA and 1 week in the NFL. hell in the NHL, he may have gotten a raise.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1