Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pujols defends Bonds; tells everyone to back the **** off.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    there is huge difference between taking steriods knowingly and unknowingly

i'll give barry the benefit of the doubt, he isn't like giambi and palmero who actuallty admitted/got caught

barry bonds got big because he works out, steriods isn't the only way to get big for your info, people do workout on consistant bases

plus the fact bonds does not go to school or have a typical 9-5 job like an average joe, so he can put in the effort to get big
    You think barry didn't know what he was taking?

Barry didn't work out prior to '99 or '00 when he became hulk-like? I know he's on your team and you will defend him to the death but look at the situation realistically.

Bashing Bonds takes guts? Ahahaha.. funny one
    For a player? Absolutely. Players don't bash other players, they tend tos tick together. It takes zero guts to back him as 95% of players will publicly but it takes alot of guts to bash him publicly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    barry bonds got big because he works out, steriods isn't the only way to get big for your info, people do workout on consistant bases

plus the fact bonds does not go to school or have a typical 9-5 job like an average joe, so he can put in the effort to get big
    You simply cannot grow 30 lbs. of muscle in 120 days on just pumping iron. Your head doesn't grow about 8 hat sizes on just pumping iron. Both of those are physically impossible without help.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I'm looking at it realisticly, you guys are accusing bonds for taking roids and questioning his numbers, how the hell do you know steriods make you hit HRs? is there any evidence that proves it? because if that logic was true, then anyone can take roids and hit HRs

and if you call barry bonds a cheater and question his records, then why arent you guys accusing the thousands of manager who steal signs from the opposing team? is that not cheating? why dont you guys question roger marris? who hit 61 HRs one year, and had 40+ HRs in the previous year, why not put an asterisk on that? oh let me guess because he's a yankee, why dont you guys talk about gaylord perry, who uses greese from his hair so he can put an extra spin on one of his breaking balls, is that not cheating? why dont you question his numbers? why dont you guys question ruth, who played in an era where he didn't play against the negro leagues, who played in an media friendly era who only wrote the positive journalism for there teams, why not question any one who plays in minute maid park and coors field, which are hitter friendly parks

Have you guys even tried to put on 30 lbs of muscle in a 6 month period(offseason for baseball not 3 months)? if you havent tried it, then how can you say its not possible then?

for you to say his head has grown 8 hat sizes, how do you know it has grown that big? did you measure his head and compared it from his rookie year?

AA ERA
    I'm looking at it realisticly, you guys are accusing bonds for taking roids and questioning his numbers, how the hell do you know steriods make you hit HRs? is there any evidence that proves it? because if that logic was true, then anyone can take roids and hit HRs

and if you call barry bonds a cheater and question his records, then why arent you guys accusing the thousands of manager who steal signs from the opposing team? is that not cheating? why dont you guys question roger marris? who hit 61 HRs one year, and had 40+ HRs in the previous year, why not put an asterisk on that? oh let me guess because he's a yankee, why dont you guys talk about gaylord perry, who uses greese from his hair so he can put an extra spin on one of his breaking balls, is that not cheating? why dont you question his numbers? why dont you guys question ruth, who played in an era where he didn't play against the negro leagues, who played in an media friendly era who only wrote the positive journalism for there teams, why not question any one who plays in minute maid park and coors field, which are hitter friendly parks

Have you guys even tried to put on 30 lbs of muscle in a 6 month period(offseason for baseball not 3 months)? if you havent tried it, then how can you say its not possible then?

for you to say his head has grown 8 hat sizes, how do you know it has grown that big? did you measure his head and compared it from his rookie year?
    Hey your beating a dead horse...........people will belive what they want to....................there's no point to argue this subject........I've been gone for almost a year a it's the same ****

AAA ERA
    I agree with Giants666.. People will believe what they want, and ranting will not change their minds. Let it go. It is very old news!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    For the last time,

KICKING A MAN WHEN HE IS DOWN TAKES NO GUTS WHAT SO EVER!!!

AAA ERA
    Bonds was already a HOF player, add steroids and strength and now he goes from 500 HR type guy to 800 HR type guy. He got better as he was entering his 40s- give me a break.

and if you call barry bonds a cheater and question his records, then why arent you guys accusing the thousands of manager who steal signs from the opposing team? is that not cheating?

Are you serious? Even if you can steal a sign it's not always giving you a tremendous advantage like steroids has for barry.

why dont you guys question roger marris? who hit 61 HRs one year, and had 40+ HRs in the previous year, why not put an asterisk on that? oh let me guess because he's a yankee
    There actually was an asterisk on his record b/c he did it in 162 instead of 154 which the Babe did it in. You think Maris was using performance enhancing drugs? he was actually the AL MVP in 1960 and was an AS in '59 and '60- the guy didn't come out of nowhere and batting in front of Mickey Mantle will help you get some pitches to hit.

why dont you guys talk about gaylord perry, who uses greese from his hair so he can put an extra spin on one of his breaking balls, is that not cheating? why dont you question his numbers?
    Perry is questioned and should NOT be in the HOF.

why dont you guys question ruth, who played in an era where he didn't play against the negro leagues, who played in an media friendly era who only wrote the positive journalism for there teams, why not question any one who plays in minute maid park and coors field, which are hitter friendly parks
    Ruth dominated the competition, sure he didn't have the black and Latin players but he obliterated the competition naturally. One of the years he outhomered every AL team- let me know when anyone else does that and he played in a dead ball era in HUGE ballparks not the tiny little parks Barry has benefitted from(along w/ the steroids).

It's not normal, it's not natural. It's very possible w/ steroids.

Do your eyes work? Just look at barry late 90s to early '00s and tell me what you see(I even postd some pics earlier in the thread).

For the last time,

KICKING A MAN WHEN HE IS DOWN TAKES NO GUTS WHAT SO EVER!!!
    Anytime you call out a fellow player it takes guts, backing a player takes no guts.

MLB ERA
    Are you seriously using the "2 wrongs make a right" argument?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Anytime you call out a fellow player it takes guts, backing a player takes no guts.
    Let's split c*ck hairs over what takes more "guts". What a great conversation.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Let's split c*ck hairs over what takes more "guts". What a great conversation.
    What's wrong w/ you? Someone else siad it takes no guts to call out barry- I was responding. Eihter contribute to the conversation or stay out of it. Maybe you should go try to convince yourself a little more how great of a clutch player ARod has been for us.

AAA ERA
    No, thanks. I already put you in your place with post #24.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    No, thanks. I already put you in your place with post #24.
    yeah you put me in my place

MLB ERA
    at the risk of repeating myself, I don't think it takes any guts for a player to publically state his opinion on this subject from either side of the coin.

He's either repeating company line or he's repeating popular opinion. Either way....it doesn't take cajonas.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah you are so right! Calling out a guy who has been under suspicion for a few years, under an ivestigation, possible perjury charges and on his last legs take a shit load of guts Where the **** were these losers five years ago if they had some actual guts?

MLB ERA
    can you prove it that steriods help you hit HRs?

once again cheating is cheating regardless if you steal a sign or not, and plus bonds has passed every single steriod test, so where is your positive test on bonds?

i heard in a interview from a player who played in the 60's say that human growth hormone was arround durring that time, i dont know who the player was, but i did research on my own and found this http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo..._steroids.html

they stated : "Anabolic steroids were first used by athletes in the mid 1950s and by the 1960s their use was widespread."

so based on that why dont you guys question roger marris then? mikky mantle? joe dimagio? or even ted williams?

and your saying ruth "dominated" his competition, but yet your admitting that he didn't play against the latino and black athletes? so how is that dominating his era? when bonds is playing against asians, latins,white, and blacks and he has dominated his era also, so wouldn't bonds acheivment be more impressive than ruths then?

how do you know its not normal? i worked out for 20 days in month and gained 6 lbs, plus i was working 40+ hrs a week and going to school unlike bonds, does that mean i was on roids also?

my eyes do work, thats why i'm reading your crap and replying to it, and for you to say "just look at him" arent your judging a book by its cover? didn't we learn that in grade school not to judge a book by its cover?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast