Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pujols defends Bonds; tells everyone to back the **** off.

MLB ERA
    amen to pujols!!!!! even though dont completly agree with him, but i do about 95% of what he said

just because he's balding at 26, doesn't mean he's lying, one of my co-workers is 27, he's balding real bad

yeah good job for criticizing pujols for defending bonds

if you have no respect for anyone who defends bonds, its the same way i have no respect for anyone who criticize bonds without any proof to back there claim up

so its ok for jeter to defend giambi? but not pujols to defend bonds? you guys bunch of hypocrites

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I don't have venom for Pujols, I was responding to a poster who said what Pujols said "needed to be said". Pujols is a player, 99% of the time players will back players, it takes no guts to back Bonds but it takes guts to attack him and call out the truth like Lidle did. Pujols is only spewing a "company line" btw players, if OJ was a baseball player they'd tell us he was innocent.

as for Jeter and Giambi- they are TEAMMATES. What would you expect froma teammate? he and other Yanks defended Straw, Doc and others- it doesn't make it right but they are teammates and that's to be expected.

I dont wanbt to hear the support just b/c Barry is a fellow player, it's obvious to anyone who has watched him that he didn't do it the right way. I have respect for Lidle for calling him out, i lose some respect for guys that publicly support bonds even though they know he did something wrong just b/c he's a player and it's the players vs. the media and fans. The players never seem to mind when they cash the checks thanks to the media and faor when they get cheers and good press but anything negative and they go into a bunker w/ each other.
    It takes guts to kick a man when he is down?

AAA ERA
    It takes no guts to back Bonds but it takes guts to attack him and call out the truth like Lidle did.
    You've got it backwards again. First of all, Cory Lidle is a F'ing rat. He had no problem as a teammate of Jason Giambi's in Oakland while he was winning MVPs. Second, It take a hell of a lot of "guts" on Pujols's part to back the guy with a giant target painted on his back.

AAA ERA
    if you have no respect for anyone who defends bonds, its the same way i have no respect for anyone who criticize bonds without any proof to back there claim up
    he has admitted to a Grand Jury he took them(unknowingly wink wink) and if that's not enough proof how about this:

Barry Bonds around 1998:

Barry 2000:

It takes guts to kick a man when he is down?
    down? This is Barry's life b/c he made it that way. he has always been beaten up by the press and fans b/c he is a jerk 31 then recently b/c of the steroids.

You've got it backwards again. First of all, Cory Lidle is a F'ing rat. He had no problem as a teammate of Jason Giambi's in Oakland while he was winning MVPs. Second, It take a hell of a lot of "guts" on Pujols's part to back the guy with a giant target painted on his back.
    Again, I don't expect teammates to rat one another out. Steroids have been in EVERY clubhouse for years and no one except Canseco came out and named names and that was after he was done. Players back players and it's EASY to come out and defend Bonds while it's difficult to com out and bash him like he should be bashed.

AAA ERA
    Again, I don't expect teammates to rat one another out. Steroids have been in EVERY clubhouse for years and no one except Canseco came out and named names and that was after he was done. Players back players and it's EASY to come out and defend Bonds while it's difficult to com out and bash him like he should be bashed.
    If Cory Lidle rips Bonds and not Giambi he's making a total fool of himself. I certainly agree with you that teammates should (and do) support each other unconditionally. But for Lidle to say what he did after keeping quiet about Giambi makes himself sound like a complete jack-ass.

You've got some pretty strong opinions about Bonds, considering you support a team with both Jason Giambi and Gary Sheffield on it. Might be time to start re-thinking your position on steroid users. (allegedly)

AAA ERA
    If Cory Lidle rips Bonds and not Giambi he's making a total fool of himself. I certainly agree with you that teammates should (and do) support each other unconditionally. But for Lidle to say what he did after keeping quiet about Giambi makes himself sound like a complete jack-ass.
    if Giambi was going after a record he'd be ripped too. When I see guys ripping Bonds I assume they are talking about all steroid guys not just Barry but barry is big news nowadays so he is the on getting the brunt.

You've got some pretty strong opinions about Bonds, considering you support a team with both Jason Giambi and Gary Sheffield on it. Might be time to start re-thinking your position on steroid users. (allegedly)
    I have strong opinions on Giambi and Sheff as well but they are on my team so I root for them. EVERY team has steroid players, it's just some are known and others are not.

AAA ERA

A little perspective is all I'm asking for.

if Giambi was going after a record he'd be ripped too. When I see guys ripping Bonds I assume they are talking about all steroid guys not just Barry but barry is big news nowadays so he is the on getting the brunt.

I have strong opinions on Giambi and Sheff as well but they are on my team so I root for them. EVERY team has steroid players, it's just some are known and others are not.
    I have no idea what this incoherant post is getting at but I'll attempt to relate it back to the subject of the thread:

You're saying that if a guy that has allegedly used steroids plays for the team that you like, then its okay to root for that player. But if he is on another team its okay to call him a cheater and criticize him at will. Don't you see a double standard being established?

Contrast that with Albert Pujols's appraoch. He supports Barry, who as we all know is accused of using steroids, and he also supports his teammates, who according to your accusation some or all have used steroids.

Jason Giambi may not be shattering any records (yet), but I'm sure everyone in New England is questioning the validity of the two homeruns he hit on October 16, 2003. Those two bombs were more important than 99% of the 714 that Barry has hit.

AAA ERA
    You're saying that if a guy that has allegedly used steroids plays for the team that you like, then its okay to root for that player. But if he is on another team its okay to call him a cheater and criticize him at will. Don't you see a double standard being established?
    No, I call the steroid guys on my team cheaters as well but what am i going to do? root for the yanks to lose b/c of them? I ahve no choise but to root for them to dow ell and help us win. I'd prefer to win w/ a completely clean team but that's not the reality.

Jason Giambi may not be shattering any records (yet), but I'm sure everyone in New England is questioning the validity of the two homeruns he hit on October 16, 2003. Those two bombs were more important than 99% of the 714 that Barry has hit.
    they can question all they want, he did nothing in that series until game 7. maybe if he was out and another 1B was in we would have won anyway? and b/c there is no smoking gun doesn't mean Ortiz and manny are clean so if they are worried about Giambi they should look at their own guys first.

AAA ERA
    No, I call the steroid guys on my team cheaters as well but what am i going to do?
    You can take the same standard you use to judge them and apply it to the rest of the league just like Albert Pujols is doing.

they can question all they want, he did nothing in that series until game 7. maybe if he was out and another 1B was in we would have won anyway? and b/c there is no smoking gun doesn't mean Ortiz and manny are clean so if they are worried about Giambi they should look at their own guys first.
    Other guys like Derek Jeter? If you want to play the name game then we can waste everyone's time with that. How about instead you just admit you're being too harsh on Albert Pujols.

MLB ERA
    there is huge difference between taking steriods knowingly and unknowingly

i'll give barry the benefit of the doubt, he isn't like giambi and palmero who actuallty admitted/got caught

barry bonds got big because he works out, steriods isn't the only way to get big for your info, people do workout on consistant bases

plus the fact bonds does not go to school or have a typical 9-5 job like an average joe, so he can put in the effort to get big

AAA ERA
    What does any of that have to do with Albert Pujols's comments?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    barry bonds got big because he works out, steroids isn't the only way to get big for your info...
    Another benifit to taking steroids is you don't have to rest in between work out days.

just sayin...
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yes it is called kicking a man when he is down and it takes zero guts to do that.

MLB ERA
    I don't think it really takes the perverbial guts to do either, because you're either "repeating company line" or you're going with popular opinion.

Neither takes much guts to do.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Bashing Bonds takes guts? Ahahaha.. funny one

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast