Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nats GM Bowden gets a DUI!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Nats GM Bowden gets a DUI!

Nationals GM Jim Bowden was arrested on Sunday night in Miami Beach and charged with DUI.
    The joke possibilities are tremendous, but drinking and driving, if that's in fact what Bowden did, is hardly a laughing matter. The chances of him holding on to his job when new ownership takes over certainly diminish with the news. "I intend to plead not guilty at a future date in a Miami Dade court," Bowden said in a statement. "I deeply regret any embarrassment that my arrest may cause the Washington Nationals and Major League Baseball." Apr. 18 - 1:36 pm et
    All I can say is wow. This guy should have never put himself in that position. He is supposed to be a leader and now he has completely tarnished any leadership skills he may have had. You are supposed to manage a baseball team, yet you can't even manage your own responsibilities. I don't care what comes of this, I cannot respect a man that cannot handle himself in a manner that he can only expect his playesr to follow. This does not look good for baseball and they should not look lightly on this.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He has to be fired for this. And it's certainly a blessing in disguise for the Nats, some of his moves have been less than smart since coming to the team, and there's not one real great move that stands out.

MLB ERA
    I don't want to wish misfortune on others, but for the sake of the team, this damn well better cost him his job.

also he was clearly drunk when he dealt for Soriano

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Have you seen Wilkerson's statline lately? If Bowden was drunk when he made that trade, I want what he is drinking.

MLB ERA
    Have you seen Soriano's contract, bad defense, shitty attitude, and lack of use to the non-contending Nationals lately?

MLB ERA
    FL DUI laws are pretty tough too. 1 year on the papers, and depending on what you blew/if you blew (sometimes they will mark you down as uncorrapitive) you can get up to 6 months-1 year license suspension with possibility of a hardship renewale after i think after 15 weeks IIRC. plus court fees, fines, 50 hours community service, AA.

yeah he's screwed
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    I wonder if he was drunk when he had that affair with the hairdresser which embarrassed his family during his time as GM of the Reds?

Maybe the Nats will get lucky and not be forced to deal with him as GM for 10 straight years like the Reds did.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    My friend bought a breathalyzer on eBay. I blew a .25 last weekend. Unlike Bowden, I was not driving. That has nothing to do with this story but I thought you all should know that breathalyzers are available on eBay.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Have you seen Soriano's contract, bad defense, shitty attitude, and lack of use to the non-contending Nationals lately?
    As if Wilkerson's .185 batting average would've been some use to the Nationals. Soriano could hit better than that even if he's chugging alcohol Bowden is giving to him.

MLB ERA
    At least Wilkerson's competent in the outfield and wouldn't have cost the Nats a game by making a sucky error.

MLB ERA
    I will say, all is irrelevant now, as this is the happiest day in years for Expos/Nationals fans.

NO MORE BOWDEN

EVER

YESSS

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I guess we know where Freel learned that behavior, huh?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bowden, known as the Jedi Master for his supposed raping of Seattle in the Griffey trade, probably just Jedi Mind Tricked himself out of a job.

Well played, Jim. Well played indeed.

rf28

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    eh, he was going to be fired even if this didnt happen. he was already a dead man walking in terms of baseball.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Soriano? Bad defense? He's leading the NL in outfield assists! Another one today to save a run!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast