Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garciaparra out at least two months ... could be gone for the season

It's sad to see Nomar get injured like this. Hopefully he won't be lost for season.

OK, I'll limit it to the unlucky Ohio/Illinois teams

Team: Last Pennant: Last WS: WS in the last 50 years (1955-2004)
    Cleveland: 1997: 1948:0
    Cincy: 1990:1990:3
    Chicago (A): 1959:1917:0
    Chicago (N): 1945:1908:0

Please, what people remember is if you win. The Sox had an injury list (in 2002) that was two tv pages long, and I could list them as less luck than the Reds.

MLB ERA
    As I said before... it's a collective bad luck notion.

Cincy has been the unluckiest sports city in the country since 1990... having won zero championship and dealing with the Reds, Bengals and Bearcats. That's pure misery.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    i saw the picture in the Tribune, poor Normar

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    why would you laugh at an injury like that?

not good news for cubbies.
    I agree. There was nothing to laugh at all. It seemed Nomar swung and then next thing you know he fell. Talk about tough and rotten luck. That was pretty scary how it happened.

Okay so Chicago had a guy named Michael Jordan for basketball(which I was a casual fan at best when guys like Bird and Magic played)...

What else is good for Chicago? It was 1985 that their football team won, but we are talking baseball. When was the last time the Cubs or Whitesox won?

I am not sure what college they(Chicago) can claim but the state of Illinois can't lay claim too much success. University of Illinois-A couple of Final Fours but no titles in Basketball. A couple of Rose Bowl appearances and got hammered by the PAC 10 rep.

I doubt the Bears are in any better position than the Bengals currently. The Bears may have won in 1985 but the Bengals at least got there twice in my lifetime.

Anyways...baseball wise Chicago is the most cursed baseball city.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    As I said before... it's a collective bad luck notion.

Cincy has been the unluckiest sports city in the country since 1990... having won zero championship and dealing with the Reds, Bengals and Bearcats. That's pure misery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12