Thread: Ban on Amphetamines could be crucial to Baseball

MLB ERA

Ban on Amphetamines could be crucial to Baseball

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5505380

Ken Rosenthal raises an interesting point here. The MLB schedule is obviously grueling. And, as Chipper illustrates, players were much too reliant on the "greenies" before. But I would like to see more of a distribution in baseball. It would take the ball out of the hands of the individual performers and put it into the hands of a team, like it should be. This is also great because it makes players being in great shape crucial to a team's performance. Also, the teams with talent distribution on their team will have better records and will give a true team barometer, not just the value of a star. And it will also make the MVP even more valuable. I thought it was an interesting read, on one of the less spoken significant issues baseball dealt with.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    maybe they were too reliant on them and obviously they shouldnt take them as they are illegal, but as long as you can take some coffee or redbull (which i hate, myself) you'll be alright. coffee definitely is a bit of a pick me up in the morning at work, thats for sure.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    The amphetimine ban has been needed for 40 years.

MLB ERA
    maybe they were too reliant on them and obviously they shouldnt take them as they are illegal, but as long as you can take some coffee or redbull (which i hate, myself) you'll be alright. coffee definitely is a bit of a pick me up in the morning at work, thats for sure.
    True, but coffee can only help so much, and they will find new stuff. But it'd be nice to see a revert back to team baseball.