Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zito trade rumors, Dodgers looking

AA ERA
    I think the only way Beane will deal Zito is if the A's begin to slip out of contention in the AL West and see's a chance to get top young ML ready talent in return (ala the Hudson and Mulder trades). That would be the only upgrade in my opinion over just receiving a 1st round pick and a sandwich pick. Otherwise I agree with Providence A's, Beane will let him walk at seasons end if he can't resign him, which is doubtful that Zito will resign.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    now that Woody Williams is hurt I'm sure the Zito to the Padres "rumors" will start up again.
    nah, Brian Sweeney's taking his spot
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    bochy said that Sweeney isn't going to be messed with out of the bully.........they are talking about bringing up a AAA guy
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    oh.....and FYI........the Zito rumors only started when ZITO said he'd like to pitch here, and wasn't opposed to being traded to San Diego ( as well as a couple other teams) during a radio interview............so go blame Zito for starting them up would ya

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    bochy said that Sweeney isn't going to be messed with out of the bully.........they are talking about bringing up a AAA guy
    i just read the same thing. Mike Thompson gets the nod
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Thats the guy.......

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    oh.....and FYI........the Zito rumors only started when ZITO said he'd like to pitch here, and wasn't opposed to being traded to San Diego ( as well as a couple other teams) during a radio interview............so go blame Zito for starting them up would ya
    that is not a trade rumor. a trade rumor would be something like "the padres have contacted the A's about acquiring Zito" or "The A's offered Zito for so and so." None of which has appeared anywhere or it would be all over the internet just like the rumors to the Mets, Yanks, and Angels

Some one saying they want to pitch somewhere is not a trade rumor. It is a statement of desire. I'm sorry if you can't tell the difference. I'm also sure the person interviewing him asked him if would mind pitch in San Diego. I highly doubt Zito said that for no reason at all. Also, you're the only person here that has said they heard this so-called interview.

MLB ERA
    LOL......any rumor discussing a trade is a trade rumor......a player wanting to be traded etc......it may not have as many teeth what you're describing, but what was discussed began rumors nontheless......

The rumors discussed moving certain minor league prospects for Zito......thats a rumor......I'm sorry if YOU can't tell the difference

MLB ERA
    that hasn't happened between the Padres and A's. Zito saying, hey I wouldn't mind pitching in San Diego is not a rumor. If it is, then I guess he's rumored to go to every team because yesterday he said he'd love to pitch in any major league stadium when someone asked him if he liked Yankee Stadium. Wow, Zito's rumored to be going to 29 teams then

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He wasn't discussing a trade! All he said is that he would like to play there which means absolutely nothing. He has no power to choose where he is traded. Providence is absolutely right. You guys started the rumor as we have been over and over.

The rumors discussed moving certain minor league prospects for Zito......thats a rumor......I'm sorry if YOU can't tell the difference
    It's a unsubstantiated that you guys made up.

AAA ERA
    Zito to LA makes about as much sense as Bonds being named commissioner. Come to think of it, that might make sense. At least he is not brain dead like Selig!

MLB ERA
    Selig is a puppet even Gepetto would trash

AAA ERA
    Now if only the owners had the brain of Gepetto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Now if only the owners had the brain of Gepetto!!!
    Amen to that!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Zito won't get traded unless the A's fall out of the race before the trade deadline...which I would be if they did. The Dodgers farm system has some really good specs.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/show...57&postcount=4

note the date...3/23...before the season started...Reefer and I were right and all of the Padres fans were wrong about Zito getting traded anywhere whether it be SD, NYC, LA, or to another planet where people don't make up shit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast