Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to L.A., Russ and Ramon Ortiz

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ah yes, another well rounded and versitile poster.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Losing 2 out of 3 to Jim Tracy's boys and not sweeping the Diamondbacks won't get us into the playoffs.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome stat that FOX just showed:

Dodgers record
    With Russ Martin in the lineup:71-30
    Without Russ Martin in the lineup:17-30

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    New Dodgers in uniform:

MLB ERA
    While there were a couple of preliminary chats between Red Sox GM Theo Epstein and agent Scott Boras regarding J.D. Drew over the past couple of days, serious negotiations are expected to come next week.
    The deal, according to one source familiar with the negotiations, comes down to reaching a compromise over the opinions the doctors involved have concerning the condition of Drew's right shoulder. The Red Sox likely want a clause in the five-year, $70 million contract that lets them terminate the agreement should Drew have additional problems with the shoulder that put him on the DL. There's been no sign yet that either side is interested in walking away from the deal.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Um, you should have posted the news in the Red Sox forum instead of here, as it does not concern the Dodgers.

MLB ERA
    Dodgers agreed to terms with LHP Mark Hendrickson on a one-year, $2.925 million contract.
    Hendrickson, who earned $1.95 million last season, is eligible for free agency after 2008. The Dodgers would have three expensive middle relievers in Hendrickson, Brett Tomko and Elmer Dessens if the season started today. Hendrickson is a likely candidate for a trade, assuming that the Dodgers don't move Brad Penny instead.

The Dodgers could soon pick up manager Grady Little's 2008 option or rework his deal to add on an extra year or two.
    Little was only given two guaranteed years after being hired a year ago. "We had a real good first year together," GM Ned Colletti said.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dodgers sign Bigbie, sell Robles to Mexico City
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Outfielder Larry Bigbie agreed to a minor league contract Friday with the Los Angeles Dodgers and was invited to spring training as a non-roster player.

The 29-year-old Bigbie was sidelined most of last season with injuries. He played in 17 games with the St. Louis Cardinals. Before that, Bigbie played for the Baltimore Orioles and Colorado Rockies.

The Dodgers also sold the contract of infielder Oscar Robles to the Mexico City Red Dogs of the Mexican League. Robles played with the Dodgers in parts of the last two seasons.
    That is former first round amateur draft pick Larry Bigbie!

over under: 15 AB's for bigbie this year

My money is on the under

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Joe Mays agrees to minor league contract
    Mays was 17-13 with a career-best 3.13 ERA in 2001, and then signed a $20 million, four-year contract. But he won only 18 games for the Twins before they declined an $8.5 million option for the 2006 season, instead buying him out for $500,000.
    Not cool.

Not cool that they declined his option? That seems like the only logical thing to do.

Or did you mean not cool that the dodgers signed him? Well its a minor league contract...and he has a shot to be the 5th starter....at AAA

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fetters View Post
    Not cool that they declined his option?
    Yes, as those were the words that I bolded.

That seems like the only logical thing to do.
    I didn't say it was't logical. Just that it was not cool.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Schmidt makes me sick. I can't wait to see the Giants pound his ass. Zito > Schmidt

MLB ERA
    Manager Grady Little said Monday that Rafael Furcal's injured shoulder is improving.
    "We're concerned any time someone has a little irritation. But that's all it is," Little said. "He's made good strides the last couple of days. And probably in a couple of more days he'll back in the games."

Manager Grady Little said Monday that there's no timetable yet for Marlon Anderson's (elbow) return.
    Anderson is coming back from October surgery to remove bone chips and experienced pain in his elbow earlier in camp.

Tests on Joe Beimel's "mushy" elbow discovered nothing significant, and the left-hander was cleared to play catch on Tuesday.
    Beimel said he felt something "mushy" in the elbow after Monday's appearance. "The doctors just looked at it, and it's no big deal," he said. "They think it might have been some kind of sac in there that got irritated on the bus ride."

Andre Ethier went 2-for-4 with two RBI to help the Dodgers beat the Twins 7-4 on Tuesday afternoon.
    Ethier is 5-for-11, though that's without any extra-base hits or walks. It's disappointing that he's going to start the year batting seventh or eighth, but at least he will play regularly again. The opportunity should be there to move up later.

Although Wilson Betemit has had a shaky spring so far, Dodgers manager Grady Little isn't ready to try putting Nomar Garciaparra at third base.
    "It's not on my radar screen yet," Little said. "I know he's done that. We just moved him to a new position last year, so I'm really hesitant to consider it right now. But we might do anything when it gets down to it to make us the best team we can be. I'm not ruling anything out." Nomar is willing to make the move if asked. Such a switch would turn Betemit into a utilityman and makes James Loney the team's primary first baseman.

MLB ERA
    Rafael Furcal (shoulder) has started swinging a bat and reportedly could return to game action this weekend.
    Furcal may serve as the Dodgers' designated hitter early on as his shoulder gets healthy.

James Loney went 3-for-3 with a walk for a Dodger team that scored one run Wednesday against the Cardinals.
    Loney is 8-for-19 with two doubles. The Dodgers may yet consider moving Nomar Garciaparra to third base to make room for Loney in the lineup, but we're guessing Loney would be at least as much of an offensive upgrade over Luis Gonzalez in the outfield as Wilson Betemit.

Takashi Saito made his spring debut Wednesday by pitching a scoreless inning versus St. Louis.
    The Dodgers were slow working Saito into a game because of his strained right calf. His arm is fine, so he'll have plenty of time to get ready for the season.

Brad Penny was lit up by the Cardinals on Wednesday, allowing six runs in two innings.
    Penny started the All-Star Game for the NL last July, but he's now the Dodgers' fourth starter because of the surprising decision to go with Randy Wolf in the second game of the season. A trade still looks like a possibility, especially with both Chad Billingsley and Hong-Chih Kuo putting in good showings so far.

Jason Repko hit his first homer of the spring Wednesday night in the Dodgers' 10-0 shutout of the Marlins.
    He's 6-for-16. Since all three of the Dodgers' starting outfielders are left-handed hitters, there should be a fair amount of playing time available for Repko this season. Juan Pierre won't sit often at all when healthy and neither Luis Gonzalez nor Andre Ethier figures to be treated strictly as a platoon player, but the Dodgers would be hurting themselves if they don't use Repko against most southpaws.

Rafael Furcal (shoulder) is expected to do some light throwing Thursday after taking soft-toss swings Wednesday.
    Furcal reportedly could be in the Dodgers' lineup this weekend, but likely will serve as their designated hitter initially.

Derek Lowe pitched three scoreless innings and struck out four Thursday versus the Marlins.
    Lowe, who will start on Opening Day for the Dodgers, has a 5/0 K/BB ratio in five innings this spring.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast