Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to L.A., Russ and Ramon Ortiz

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Kevin Brown's been removed from the thread title and I'm hesitant to do non-belated game threads as the team is on a 7 game winning streak without them.

Tracy as a manager wasn't too beloved by us because his laid back personality contrasted with Lasorda's fiery style. The "fans" who call in to Dodger Talk after the game either thought he did a great job or that he was the worse strategic manager in the game. To his credit he has had the team in the division race each season despite injuries to key players. With Tracy in his final year of his contractand the team finishing 20 games under .500, a move by DePodesta was expected. Tracy could go for the job in Florida and if Lo Duca re-signs in Florida or maybe serve under Felipe Alou again.

It will be interesting to see who DePodesta hires to be his manager. He may be interested in someone who favors stats like Joe Maddon of the Angels as opposed to old school managers such as Leyland or Piniella. If Lasorda has his way, we may be looking at Bobby Valentine, Orel Hershiser, or Dusty Baker, whom I wouldn't mind as a manager unlike Cubs fans. If Colborn stays in L.A., there's no way he'd let Dusty "ruin" his pitchers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The heated exchange between Milton Bradley and Jeff Kent from a year ago revealed, per dodgerblues.com:

JK: Hey Milton, you know that ball I hit in the gap in the 7th inning? Even your mom could have scored on that.

MB: I'm black.

JK: Yes, I've noticed.

MB: Have you noticed that you're the only one who still has a moustache?

JK: No, I haven't noticed because I've been too busy hustling. Maybe you should try it sometime.

MB: I'm black.

JK: Well, you'll be black and blue if you ever take an RBI away from me again.

MB (crying): I'm telling Jim Tracy on you!

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    SUCK
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I heard Billingsley will be out for a while. What's the deal?

P.S. What happened to the Kevin Brown random notes?

I WANT KEVIN BROWN BACK.

Yeah!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Back by popular demand, Kevin Brown news:

MACON, Ga. (AP) -- A neighbor accused retired All-Star pitcher Kevin Brown of pulling a pistol during a dispute over yard debris, officials said.

Michael Haws, whose property backs up to Brown's multimillion-dollar estate, called Bibb County sheriff's deputies Monday after an argument. He said it began when he found Brown throwing grass clippings over the fence into Haws' yard.

Haws told deputies that Brown pulled a gun and warned him against coming onto Brown's property, but did not point the gun at him.

Brown, baseball's first "$100 million-dollar man," told deputies that he carries a gun while strolling through the woods because he often sees snakes and had seen one the previous day.

"The guy admits he was dumping stuff on my property," Brown told The Associated Press. "I have more than a few neighbors. Some of them dump trash onto my property. If I see it I'll put a limb over the fence into their yard. It's a subtle way of saying 'please stop dumping."'

"He got irate and he threatened me, he's threatening to take me out. I stepped back away from the fence, took the gun out of my pocket and held it by my side. I think it was something anybody would have done in my situation."

Brown, who once broke his left hand punching the wall outside Yankees manager Joe Torre's office, told investigators that it was Haws who threw yard debris onto his property. He said he found clippings on his side of the fence and tossed a couple of fistfuls back into Haws' yard, the deputies' report stated.

Neither wanted to press charges, the report stated. Deputies said Brown resolved to "put up a taller fence" and Haws said he planned to buy a mulching mower.

Brown, 41, a middle Georgia native who pitched for Georgia Tech, was drafted fourth overall by the Texas Rangers in 1986. He also played for the Baltimore Orioles, Florida Marlins and San Diego Padres before signing a seven-year, $105 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers after the 1998 season.

The right-hander went to the Yankees in a December 2003 trade and went 10-6 with a 4.09 ERA the following season but experienced health problems. Toward the end of the season, he broke his hand outside Torre's office. Brown did pitch in the post-season, lasting less than two innings against the Red Sox in Game 7 of the 2004 AL Championship Series.

He missed several games in 2005 due to injury and finished 4-7 with a 6.50 ERA. Brown announced his retirement in February after a 19-year major league career with a record of 211-144.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Take This Grass, Or Kevin Brown Will Shoot You Where You Stand

Remember Kevin Brown? Awesome for the Marlins, injured for the Dodgers, pissy for the Yankees, kind of a dumb hot-headed Hoosier type? Of course you do. Good ole Kevin Brown.

Well, now that he's retired and filthy stinking rich, he's living high off the hog, ooh-wee, in Macon, Georgia. And apparently he's threatening his neighbors with weaponry.

[Brown's neighbor Michael] Haws said he called the sheriff's office after a loud argument that began when he found Brown throwing grass clippings over the fence into Haws' yard on Breighton Court, which backs up to Brown's multimillion-dollar estate on Brown's Ridge.

When Haws confronted Brown, the two men argued and Brown pulled out a gun and told Haws he'd better not come onto Brown's property, the report stated.

OK, first off, the idea of Kevin Brown throwing grass clippings onto his neighbor's lawn is hysterical. ("Get your own goddamned mulch, Haws!") But we love the reason Brown gave for carrying a gun on his person: "He carries a gun while strolling through the woods because he often sees snakes." All righty then. Now we know what to do if we ever see Kevin Brown, uh, anywhere. Particularly a place with trees.
    deadspin.com

He sees mother****in snakes!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

IMO... the Dodgers may be the new favorite in the NL... They have an offense built to hit you to death... Sort of like slow-pitch softball... And not a lot of power... There is not an easy out in the lineup and there pitching is good too... Their weakness might be "not" having a legit closer.. Oh how they wish they had Gange back and healthy... YIKES!!!!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

man, Furcal must be swing a smoking bat right now... 2-3 tonight and his avg. is .291 now.. He was really battling at the plate this year..

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Nice Padre game day thread..........
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You guys already have one set up in the Padres forum. What's the point of text messaging to myself in this forum?

MLB ERA

Padres

D O G S S U C K ! ! ! ! !
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The fact that you're still alive is refreshing, RDR. But it won't make up for that ATLienesque post.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    The fact that you're still alive is refreshing, RDR. But it won't make up for that ATLienesque post.
    Watchu talkin' bout Willis? It wasn't racial....

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    An ATLienesque post = "Does not make compelling arguments, [author of said post] just says so and so sucks and runs off to find mommy."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast