Thread: Baker, not a good fit for Dodgers.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Dodgers Baker, not a good fit for Dodgers.

Dodgers general manager Paul DePodesta is a disciple of Oakland Athletics GM Billy Beane and his “Moneyball” approach to baseball. That philosophy, originally espoused to help small-market teams compete, stresses the importance of on-base percentage as the key offensive statistic. Beane has been able to unearth several low-cost players who fit this bill.

Baker is more of an old-school guy, one who prefers his hitters to be aggressive at the plate. So Baker and the Dodgers don’t appear to be a good fit.

But it made for a good story.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/be...s.asp?id=80500

AA ERA
    I think the Cubs will keep him. He has done fairly good for us and I don't want to see him go. He got us two winning seasons in a row, that's enough for me.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I hate the Dogs, but I don't want to see toothpick boy in the NL West again.......Why is he any better than Tracy?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I figured Cubs fans would rather get rid of him. Since the controversy in him ruining pitchers arms. Oh well, this is a long shot anyways.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    LOL, I can only imagine how bad Cubs fans want to be rid of him. If they did get rid of him maybe Mark Grace could go be their manager.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Baker ruined no ones arms. That is a dumbass complaint from the many many dumbass Cubs fans. Baker managed the Giants from 1993-2002 and ruined no ones arms. Then in two seasons he starts to? Cubs would be stupid to get rid of Baker. He got them to the playoffs in his first year and should have gone to the WS even though it was Baker who lost that game 6 for the Cubs. Like it was brought up before, two straight winning seasons.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I guess you are right reefer. That makes sense. Sometimes I just jump on whatever other people are saying. Baker has had success as a manager, no doubt. I guess I am holding grudge against him after the Farnsworth/Wilson fight. He was not very cool with his comments. Maybe I should let that go though, its not like it is something that I should judge his success by. Oh well.

MLB ERA
    Baker's love for Neifi Perez is prima facie evidence that he doesn't know what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.