Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodgers get some Rays Magic

Rookie ERA

Re: Dodgers get some Rays Magic

Well, they have a better record than my dregs so I don't have much sympathy at the moment. If you want to send Andrew back, I'll give you Derek Shelton.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yup, stick a fork in JP. He's been shit since last September. I don't know what Friedman is waiting for. He cut JP loose when he was in Tampa, and he showed he is willing to eat a contract when he released Brian Wilson.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The pitchers the #Dodgers acquired, since the trade: Alex Wood: 5.56 ERA; Jim Johnson: 29.45 ERA; Mat Latos: 6.74 ERA; Luis Avilan: 7.20 ERA

The magic is gone and Ned Colletti is laughing his ass off somewhere on the island of Elba.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thanks for nothing, putos.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball America agrees we had the worst trade deadline of the year. Why does this still happen when we have the smartest front office in the league?

And here are the teams whose trade deadline deals were a bust ranked from worst to less-egregious.

NOT HELPING

1. Dodgers (Jim Johnson, Mat Latos, Luis Avilan, Alex Wood: -2.3 WAR). The Dodgers’ acquisition of Wood is a deal that, like the one for Hamels, could pay off for years to come, but it’s hard to see how Los Angeles’ deadline deals could have gone much worse. Wood has been no better and arguably worse than the pitchers he replaced. Latos was much worse (0-3, 6.66) and was released. Avilan has been OK as a lefty matchup reliever but Johnson has been much worse. Yes, an eight-run outing in August destroyed his ERA but Johnson has allowed 14 hits in 7 September innings as well.
    Ask BA: Jays Go All-In; Is Lewis Brinson's Breakout For Real? - BaseballAmerica.com
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 10-08-2015 at 03:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12