Dodgers Get: Adam Dunn

Reds Get: Antonio Perez, Edwin Jackson, and a player to be named

Dodgers Get: Matt Lawton

Pirates Get: Jason Grabowski and a player to be named

Dodgers Get: Aubrey Huff

Devil Rays Get: Edwin Jackson, and a player to be named

Dodgers Get: Brian Fuentes

Rockies Get: Jason Grabowski and a Single-A RP

Brian Fuentes will fill in Kelly Wunsch's role.

Give me your ideas

Doesn't Grabowski kinda...suck? I dunno, not familiar with him.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    Yea, he is young though to thats why the Pirates might want him. I am sure he can develope into a good player.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    These trade rumors are filled with 10 times more homerism than Generalissimo's.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    Well most of them are from Espn, and Prosports Daily and newspapers. I thought of the Fuentes one since they need a lefty. Fuentes can also be rumored to be headed to the Angels.

MLB ERA
    Why would the Rockies give up Fuentes for crap? Sure, it makes sense from a Dodgers point of view, but I can't see the Rockies wanting anything to do with that. They're loaded with outfielders as it is. The Dunn deal doesn't make sense, either. They have no need for Perez and Jackson is damaged goods. They've already said they want two major-league players and two good prospects, and you'd be giving up one utility player and a high-risk prospect, as well as some crappy throw-in.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dodgers Get: Adam Dunn

Reds Get: Antonio Perez, Edwin Jackson, and a player to be named
    With the Reds supposedly wanting the moon for lesser players, I am not really sure why they would want to do this. They have a young prospect in AAA at 2B in William Bergolla not to mention Ryan Freel at the MLB level. And at this point, Edwin Jackson is just a risk. I have hard time imagining that the Reds GM Dan O'Brien would start his talks with DePodesta with Edwin Jackson and no Chad Billingsley (given his high demands).

Dodgers Get: Aubrey Huff

Devil Rays Get: Edwin Jackson, and a player to be named
    Personally Corky, I think you're overvaluing Edwin Jackson. Maybe when he had the hype machine going still like he did a while back, these rumors would seem ok. But considering how much he has fallen with the Dodgers, I doubt teams would be willing to send over a top slugger for him.

The Dodgers-Pirates deal seems reasonable to me though.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    But some of the Dodgers officials are saying that Edwin is getting back into the groove he once was. And his mechanics are better as well. I am pretty sure that he will be good sooner or later he ain't going to be a career dud. Other teams are also overrating Jackson as well. So it's not just me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am not saying he is going to be a dud but his value is nowhere close to where it once was. Most teams won't sacrifice a top slugger hoping that Jackson might be fixed, that's my point.

All the Jackson rumors seemed to be ones created from the minds of the sports writer writing them though (from what I've seen at least), like the Dunn one you posted. Unless there was more to it than the one article I saw.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    I am sure there is more to that trade... And I know you didn't say that but I was and thats what other GM's are going to have to say to themselves.

I am sure there could be a few other minor leaguers in there.

Or that player to be named could be Greg Miller who knows.

Perez is a stud.... Jackson will hopefully be one again. Jackson could be a Rich Harden probaly.

Rich Harden was awesome then he struggled a little bit now he is back to the way he was.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am not so sure on that Corky. It seems like this year in particular a lot of writers create up these "rumors" when in reality they are more possiblities if anything. From a Reds stand point it just made no sense. Perez is a quality prospect without a doubt, but one the Reds have a bit of depth at. The only position prospect the Reds are in dire need of is catcher which is why the A's rumors with the Reds yesterday made some sense.

From what I have heard, Jackson has looked better and he is still young, so I don't doubt that he can't turn it around. I really wanted the Reds to consider getting him in a deal for Joe Randa when it was mentioned that the Dodgers had some interest. I just don't think that Jackson will blow the Reds GM away and thankfully that's how he is thinking because I obviously want Dunn to remain a Red a long time.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    I am sure you do... I don't think the Dodgers would give up Dioneer Navarro either. He is our stud catching prospect. Our whole Double-A team is practically an All-Star team.

I offered Reds fans Estrada; they laughed at me. They think Larue is the answer.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Miller and Jackson are both overrated with injury porblems. The Pirates really need to keep Lawton in their picture if they wanna try and get past the .500 mark.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Reds have a catcher waiting in the wings of LaRue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast