Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mofo's gotta boner!!

MLB ERA

Re: Mofo's gotta boner!!

That sounds like the kind of spin-job you'd put in my mouth so you can in turn mock me for if this were dealing with the Padres.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    That sounds like the kind of spin-job you'd put in my mouth so you can in turn mock me for if this were dealing with the Padres.
    Well, it's not like anything is stopping you from being giddier than a pig in shit if it's your belief that the sale was Cuban or bust for the Dodgers.

As far as I'm concerned, money talks and whoever isn't willing to whip out his checkbook can fuck off.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 01-28-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

The thing that kills me is you thought I was kidding. I'm a Mavs fan for the sole reason that Cuban is the owner, I watch shark tank now because Cuban is on there. He is a self made Billionaire who actually cares about the team he owns as opposed to the owners that just want to make money.

I would have had the Dodgers as my second favorite team (behind my hometown reds) if he was the owner. But thank god he's not now because with fans like MoFo I'm glad I'm not associated.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Where did I ever say he doesn't care about the team he owns? I'm sure he would be a great owner for the Dodgers if he cared about them as much as he does about his Mavs. But all I heard was him complaining that a billion dollars was too high for the Dodgers and that he was concerned that he wouldn't have money left over to improve the team.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    I would have had the Dodgers as my second favorite team (behind my hometown reds) if he was the owner. But thank god he's not now because with fans like MoFo I'm glad I'm not associated.
    Right, the McCourts were such great owners that it would just be like me to root for another owner who just wants to make money instead of somebody who actually cares about the team he owns.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Lol no goofball, I was saying cause you lash out at everyone. Not cause you love the previous ownership.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I didn't mean to lash out at Cuban. I was rooting for him mainly because his arrival would've been the ultimate "Fuck You" message to the Dodger-hating lemmings, whether or not he would've lived up to the hype.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, who could sway the balance of financial power in the Dodgers’ ownership derby, will “absolutely participate” in a bid for the team, his representative said Tuesday.

Soon-Shiong, the richest man in Los Angeles, soon could emerge as a major player in the local sports scene. He owns a small share of the Lakers, might soon own a large share of the Dodgers and is interested in ownership possibilities should the NFL return to Los Angeles.

Soon-Shiong is a doctor, biotech investor and philanthropist. Forbes estimated his net worth at $7 billion in September.
    A self-made multi-billionaire M.D. who likes sports AND isn't an asshole? Yes, please.

Last edited by realmofotalk; 02-24-2012 at 02:47 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I only wish he could feed the cancer known as Frank and Jamie McCourt a trojan horse rather than a billion dollars to make them go away. Alas.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 02-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

O'Malley's group and Torre's group have withdrawn their bids for the Dodgers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jared Kushner withdraws from Dodgers bidding - latimes.com

The bid by the son-in-law of Donald Trump reportedly had a financial structure that MLB did not accept.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Glad MLB declined him. I don't want anyone related to Donald Trump involved in baseball.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't be surprised if he tossed his name in the bidding just so he can threaten Charley Steiner (currently a broadcaster for the Dodgers) with his job for insulting him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB kicked out Jared Kushner because he didn’t have the cash either. He wanted to buy the Dodgers with too much debt.
    Well, good on MLB for not allowing someone to buy the team with little or no money down this time around.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The bidding groups for the Dodgers appear to have been whittled down to five from seven tonight, a person familiar with the meetings tells Mike Ozanian of Forbes.com. The highest bid was $1.6 billion from Magic Johnson and former baseball exec Stan Kasten, whose purchase would be partially financed by private equity. The lowest bid from the five groups was $1.3 billion.
    Magic Johnson saving the Dodgers? I like it! I have always been a Magic fan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast