Thread: Garland is done for

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dodgers Garland is done for

Jon Garland will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery next Monday.
    Credit goes to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, who first reported Monday evening that Garland was likely out for the season. It prematurely ends a disappointing season for the free agent signee, as he began the year on the DL with an oblique injury and made just nine starts before going under the knife. He seems likely to miss most, if not all, of the first half of 2012. Garland had a vesting option for 2012, which obviously will not kick in, so he'll enter the offseason as a free agent.
    Garland had an incentive laden contract so I'm sure McCourt is glad Garland won't reach any of those milestones where the incentives kick in. Garland was signed for a $3.5 million base salary and does have $1 million coming next year as a signing bonus. Still paid $3.5 million for just 54 IP but it could have been a lot worse.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

re: Garland is done for

Sigh.

Like buying back a stock at a higher price than you sold it for, only to then watch its value crash.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

re: Garland is done for

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Garland had an incentive laden contract so I'm sure McCourt is glad Garland won't reach any of those milestones where the incentives kick in.
    I'm pretty sure McCourt isn't the least bit concerned with that right now. After all, he must retain the Dodgers first before he can realize the savings from Garland's option not vesting.