Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The hijacked thread (Fuck Philly)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers The hijacked thread (Fuck Philly)

Oswalt and Brooks Utley owed us those errors for bending over for the Giants in the NLCS.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Strikes, motherfucker, strikes! Throw them! (2011 LAD GDT)

Yeah they really bent over Oh wait, we beat them fair and square, just like everyone else that got in our way.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Phillies bent over. It's not normal for the best pitcher in baseball to get owned in the LCS by a guy who got waived by the Marlins, nor is it normal for the NL's modern version of the Murderer's Row to head into a slump at the wrong time.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No, they got beat. Huge fucking difference. The slump can be attributed to the Giants pitching and Ross was a salary dump. I guess the Braves and Rangers bent over too

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Brooks Conrad and Cliff Lee would say so.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You mean when Lee was outpitched twice? Or that Braves series that was won 3-1? Yeah, really just bent over on that one. You're blind hatred is retarded sometimes. In reality, its most of the time and this is definite proof!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Conrad cost the Braves the pivotal game 3. That's a fact, Jack. Instead of being up 2-1 in the series, the Braves were left one game from elimination. And Cliff Lee in the 2010 WS didn't resemble the pitcher that one would take if his/her life depended on it. They choked.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes Conrad's error cost them one game and if he made the play the game would have been tied but that's not to say they still couldn't have won the series. The Giants beat them! There's another fact, Jack!! Lee might not have been the same pitcher but he was still outpitched by a just as good if not better pitcher in Lincecum!! Another fact, Jack!! Keep being a blind bastard, no one bent over and the Giants earned every bit of that WS!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes Conrad's error cost them one game and if he made the play the game would have been tied but that's not to say they still couldn't have won the series. The Giants beat them!
    The Giants beat them because Conrad fucked his team over, Bill Buckner style.

Back to the point, the Phillies being the more balanced team with three aces and a superior lineup didn't choke. Yeah, okay I believe you.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 06-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Also, the idea of pitchers outdueling one another is flawed in itself. They don't directly affect each other's performance, except when the pitcher comes to bat. If Cliff Lee takes care of business on his end against Edgar Renteria, he keeps his team in the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: The hijacked thread (Fuck Philly)

WOW! How goddamn stupid can you be? Conrad didn't fuck his team over just like Buckner didn't! That has to be the worst example of all-time!! Either way the games would have been tied for both! The only flawed scenario is your outlook on the whole postseason. Nothing you have even mentioned represents a team "rolling over". The Giants earned everything they got but keep pretending like a Dodger loser! It makes me laugh!! "If Cliff Lee pitches a shutout twice while 2 time Cy Young Award winner pitches like shit, the Rangers win". Great logic the mofo Please stop while you're way behind!! Call it a hijacked thread but you brought this on yourself by making such retarded remarks! The whole fact that Lee didn't "take care of business" against Renteria goes to show the Giants earned it!! Keep this going though, I love making you look ignorant!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Your entire counterargument to my opinion that the Giants' playoff opponents wholly underperformed (if not rolled over) has been to reiterate that the Giants earned everything, followed by hollow insults such as, "How stupid can you be?", "Worst example ever!", "Great logic there, mofo!", "Stop while you're way behind!" You sure showed me.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 06-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Rookie ERA

You're blind hatred is retarded sometimes.
    I think you meant Raytarded, but carry on...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Your entire counterargument to my opinion that the Giants' playoff opponents wholly underperformed (if not rolled over) has been to reiterate that the Giants earned everything, followed by hollow insults such as, "How stupid can you be?", "Worst example ever!", "Great logic there, mofo!", "Stop while you're way behind!" You sure showed me.
    I'm sorry if your examples and opinions have been piss poor, not exactly my fault there. Your whole entire argument is hilarious. It would be like me saying that the Dodgers were lucky as hell to win the 1988 WS against the A's and that the A's just rolled over and took one in the ass when that's just not the case. I don't have a blind hatred for the Dodgers as you do the Giants so I can actually SEE things as they are. Saying dumb things like "Brooks Conrad" and "Cliff Lee" are just too funny! The Giants earned every bit of their championship and to try and take away from that fact is just sad on your part. Not even Phillie and Ranger fans are petty enough to say the shit you are saying.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It would be like me saying that the Dodgers were lucky as hell to win the 1988 WS against the A's and that the A's just rolled over and took one in the ass when that's just not the case.
    And if you said that, it wouldn't bother me. The A's were the heavy favorites coming into the 1988 WS. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. That's not to say the 1988 Dodgers or the 2010 Giants didn't earn it. My whole point is that their opponents played down to their competition, notably Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee weren't their same dominant selves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast