View Poll Results: Launching Pad? No, Lilly Pad.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st

0 0%
  • 2nd

2 33.33%
  • 3rd

2 33.33%
  • 4th

0 0%
  • 5th

2 33.33%

Thread: Where will the Dodgers finish in 2011?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Where will the Dodgers finish in 2011?

I ask that you pretend I am one of those "comedians" that isn't very good and thinks his niche is doing celebrity impersonations, but ultimately sucks at doing them. Okay, got all that? I will switch from Kingdom to Realmofotalk in mid paragraph. Enjoy.

Underachievers, lame duck coaching, lack of power in the infield, Jonathan Broxton completely disappearing as a closer, I mean there was a lot that went wrong with the Dodgers. Then as you look at the potential roster for 2011, you wonder what they even did? Perhaps it will be a solid group and it will rely heavily on a solid rotation, but at best, they're only solid, right? Certainly there's Ethier that can hit with the best of them. Matt Kemp has all the tools but half the time, the toolbox is locked. Furcal is a good SS, that's never healthy. Uribe, Thames, and Barajas were brought in to fill holes but you wonder if they're going to have to lean too much on a guy like Uribe when he's not really that kind of player. Garland had a good season for San Diego and should be a more than capable back end starter. The pen will mostly be the same, except for the addition of Blake Hawksworth. BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS GOD DAMNED TEAM EVERYONE IS GOING TO SEE. WE HAVE JAY GIBBONS IN LEFTFIELD. WE'RE NOT THE FUCKING ROYALS, SO WHY IS JAY GIBBONS IN LEFTFIELD? AND TONY GWYNN'S SON? ISN'T IT BAD ENOUGH THAT WE HAVE THE LIGHTWEIGHT JAMEY CARROLL STILL AROUND? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WHEN JOE TORRE LEFT, HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT FUCKING GOLF BAG WITH HIM. I MEAN, JAMEY CARROLL. MORE TO THE POINT, EVERYONE IS ALWAYS SAYING THAT LONEY IS A GOOD PLAYER. BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT LONEY POWER. RBI'S ARE NEARLY AS OVERRATED AS WINS BY A STARTING PITCHER. HIS DOUBLES POWER AND PATHETIC OBP ARE BEST SUITED FOR A SLAP HITTING OUTFIELDER OR SHORTSTOP, NOT THE DAMN FIRST BASEMAN. HOW IS THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE A MONSTER AT 1B, AND OURS PROBABLY COULDN'T BENCH PRESS SNOOKIE. AND THE PITCHING? FUCK THAT. I HOPE EVERYONE IS READY FOR THE BILLINGSLEY-KERSHAW WALK A DAMN TEAM SHOW. AND THE BLOWN SAVES? RAMON TRONCOSO SUPPORTS THIS SHIT.

P.S.
    FUCK YOU JONATHAN BROXTON, YOU CAN'T THROW STRIKES MOTHER FUCKER, YOU ONLY THROW HOMERUNS.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Where will the Dodgers finish in 2011?

err..

I NEED A BEER.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think the Dodgers will finish 2nd in the division. Like KOZ pointed out, they really underachieved last year and have made some nice additions. One player KOZ failed to mention was Guerrier who is a solid bullpen arm. Uribe is not a guy to lean on and I doubt he will be but he is a solid player who can play some good defense and of course has some power. Kemp did not get along with Torre so maybe his departure will get Kemp back on the right track. Furcal is the engine of this team in my view so if healthy for even 2/3 of the season, the Dodgers should do well. LF is the only glaring hole on this team and that could be fixed by an early season trade if/when the Thames, Gibbons platoon fails. The rotation is why I am picking them to finish second. They have a damn good starting five and when Padilla comes back, they will have depth too. They underachieved last year, I don't see it happening again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    err..

I NEED A BEER.
    Realmofo69!?!?!
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just noticed we can "like" posts. Hm.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I Uribe is not a guy to lean on and I doubt he will be but he is a solid player who can play some good defense and of course has some power.
    Haven't I heard the same promises before about another notable big free agent (no pun intended) signing?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Just be glad they're not paying him Andruw money. I haven't seen Uribe this spring. Has he ballooned and come to camp out of shape too?

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I haven't seen Uribe this spring. Has he ballooned and come to camp out of shape too?
    This is what he looked like recently hitting a homer ...

and running the bases,,

He was also playing 3B a few games while Blake was out.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He looks the same, might even be a little thinner. Yeah I think Uribe will be at third with Carroll at second to start the season. At least it will be better defensively.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Carroll hurt his finger so even he is questionable for Opening Day. And the hole at LF could be better filled by moving Ethier there and Kemp to RF.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ivan DeJesus Jr. likely to start at second base while Blake is out - Los Angeles Dodger Thoughts Blog - ESPN Los Angeles

It's nothing to be excited about, but it's worth a shot instead of staying put with Aaron Miles.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If the Frankrupt Dodgers finish above the defending champion Giants, I will laugh.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

At least my Dodger prediction would be right