Thread: Broxton to miss all-star game?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers Broxton to miss all-star game?

Torre has told Manuel to line up a replacement (ahem, Tevor Hoffman, nudge nudge).

MILWAUKEE -- Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton likely will have to skip the All-Star game Tuesday because of an ailing big toe on his right foot.
    Dodgers manager Joe Torre says they noticed Broxton limping after giving up two runs in Friday night's 12-8 extra innings win over the Brewers and "interrogated" him afterward.
    Broxton will be seen by a doctor in Milwaukee, but Torre said Broxton is feeling pain on the side of the foot when he plants to throw.
    Torre said he called NL manager Charlie Manuel of the Phillies to tell him to line up a replacement for Broxton. Torre expects Broxton to travel to St. Louis and participate in everything but the game.
    Broxton, a first-time All-Star who is 6-0 with a 3.10 ERA, has given up five runs in his past two outings.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Broxton to miss all-star game?

Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton will not pitch this weekend or in the All-Star game because of nerve irritation in the big toe of his right foot. Dodgers Manager Joe Torre said Guillermo Mota might close if necessary in today's game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
    Mota the interim closer would be awesome.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MegaTron closed today's game. I wouldn't trust Broxton to save a word document right now.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Big, Dumb, and Stupid runs into yet another bases loaded jam but gets out of it this time. I've almost had enough of his bullshit. Gimme Takashi Saito back.