Thread: Just Odalis being Odalis

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nationals Just Odalis being Odalis

"When you spend your own money [on charity], you want to be recognized for that. I don’t want to be a hero, but just pay more attention to what I’m doing. People don’t want to give me the recognition for it."

- 6/11/06 [Perez] stopped his O's 45's program, in which he bought 45 tickets for inner-city school children to attend his starts, after losing his starting job. He said he would not reinstate the program now that he is starting again because he felt he never got enough credit from the club or the public for his charitable contributions.
    And three years later..
    Perez regrets his verbal approval to the team's offer of a minor league contract two weeks ago and would not sign it unless it is improved.

"I thought it best and I prefer to sit in my house if the Nationals do not show more appreciation for my work," Perez said from Santo Domingo.

"Appreciate my work means to increase the value of the contract and guarantee it. I will not accept any minor league contracts with no safeguards. I instructed my agent to report my position to the Nationals," Perez said, who also said that he's not negotiating with other clubs.
    Odalis Perez regrets giving OK to offer from Washington Nationals - ESPN

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Just Odalis being Odalis

If Furcal won't keep his word, should Perez have to? And what exactly are we supposed to appreciate?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He's entitled to his own choice whether to take the $805,000 or not, but the hold out adds to his reputation as an attention whore who wants to be showered with praise when he's doing "well" but can't take the criticism when he sucks.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He must be the worst whore ever because he plays in Washington and no one there cares.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Washington released Perez today. Way to blow your one shot at starting this year

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He'll blabber to his new team in the Mexican League about how the Nationals treated him like trash.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah by giving him a chance to start Those white devils!!