Thread: Time For Plan B

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dodgers Time For Plan B

Source: Adam Dunn, Orlando Hudson eyed by Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN

Now that Manny Ramirez has rejected the Los Angeles Dodgers' latest contract offer of one year and $25 million, the team is considering alternatives -- including further pursuit of ongoing negotiations with slugger Adam Dunn and second baseman Orlando Hudson.

Ramirez has now turned down three different proposals from the Dodgers: A two-year, $45 million proposal in November, to which agent Scott Boras never responded; an offer of arbitration; and the latest one-year, $25 million offer.
    I think this is the direction the Dodgers have to go. They have made every attempt to try and land Manny only to be rejected at every turn. Now the Dodgers have a chance to get two good players for the price of one. I think Colletti has a no brainer on his hands.

Dunn would provide the power but don't like him as a cleanup guy. He is better off hitting 5th. Hudson would push DeWitt to a utility role and be a good #2 hitter. DeWitt will definitely get his playing time with Blake, Hudson and Furcal being injury risks.

Imagine a lineup of:
    1. Furcal
    2. Hudson
    3. Martin
    4. Ethier
    5. Dunn
    6. Kemp
    7. Blake
    8. Pierre

Pretty ****ing deep lineup there!! Getting Manny doesn't seem like a good idea for the Dodgers if they can get this plan B into action. I just hope this doesn't motivate the Giants to do something crazy.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Time For Plan B

What would the combination price of the O-Dog, and Dunn be? I can't see it being a "huge" amount more than Manny at 25 million. In fact based on Dunn at about 15 mil and Hudson at 7 mil, it adds up to be less than the 25 offered to Manny (All based on last year, and what ever happenings that go on in my head.)

If this is true, than you to make this move IMO. Yeah Manny is Manny, but if he is not gonna play on your team, and you have to make a play in order to make your team better. The addition of Dunn, and O-Dog would be that move.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They're on plan Q by now.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I think this is the direction the Dodgers have to go. They have made every attempt to try and land Manny only to be rejected at every turn. Now the Dodgers have a chance to get two good players for the price of one. I think Colletti has a no brainer on his hands.
    It's ridiculous that only now he's seriously considering my first endorsement of the offseason.

Imagine a lineup of:
    1. Furcal
    2. Hudson
    3. Martin
    4. Ethier
    5. Dunn
    6. Kemp
    7. Blake
    8. Pierre

Pretty ****ing deep lineup there!! Getting Manny doesn't seem like a good idea for the Dodgers if they can get this plan B into action. I just hope this doesn't motivate the Giants to do something crazy.
    Dunn would play left field as long as Loney isn't hurt or slumping, so Pierre doesn't even belong there. That lineup is deep but it's not better than our lineup with Manny because none of them are good 3-hole hitters. In conclusion, I'll still take any Pierre-less lineup.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Yah it would be like this

Furcal
    Hudson
    Kemp
    Dunn
    Martin
    Either
    Blake
    Loney
    Bills

Bills
    Kuroda
    Kershaw
    Wolf
    Sheets

Juan Cruz-CL

Somebody on ESPN said that we could get like 5 players
    Dunn, Hudson, Wolf, Sheets, Cruz for the Manny money

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Didn't mean sign Cruz, instead sign a reliever or closer

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cannot believe I forgot Loney

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Cannot believe I forgot Loney
    You worried me for a second

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I was just happy to find the perfect spot for Pierre and forgot my favorite Dodger. I have withheld weed from myself for a day as punishment.