Thread: Jonathan Broxton is a miserable closer

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers Jonathan Broxton is a miserable closer

7 blown saves and counting. That fat mental midget couldn't save a game on his Playstation. How those monkeys at the front office still have a job is beyond me. How hard could it have been to make a phone call to Jim Bowden to get Jon Rauch? For **** sake, it's simple trading, not money laundering, and young'uns with Forrest Gump's IQ can be taught to do that crap. Just ask all the ex-CEO's in jail.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Jonathan Broxton is a miserable closer

Didn't you mock me for saying it would be easy for the Cards to get a reliever? Funny.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You have me confused with Leo.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No I don't. I went back and looked.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So what if I did? Leo wasn't wrong to point out that Colorado GM was weighing his options, and the guy you wanted, Fuentes, was eventually not traded. Jim Bowden, on the other hand, is an idiot for settling for Emilio Bonafacio (who?). Besides, I don't really care about the Cardinals' needs.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

So what if you did?? The trade market doesn't revolve around the Dodgers any more than it does the Cardinals. That's the point!! I didn't just want Fuentes, I wanted anyone worth a damn!!! Jon Rauch came easily which made my point for me. No reason for me to be mocked!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cards fans have been spoiled by Walt Jocketty. Gone are the days of getting Jim Edmonds for Kent Bottenfield. The Dodgers have much more resources and revenue than the Cardinals. It's no wonder that baseball observers believe that Dodgers ought to be dominating the division like the Yankees and Red Sox have in theirs. Next, you'll be telling me how the trade market doesn't revolve around the Angels any more than it does around the Devil Rays.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Don't forget Adam Kennedy was a part of the Edmonds trade. Rays have about as many resources as the Angels do. Point is you mocked me for saying the same shit you are saying about the Dodgers. Cards have resources and money and failed to get a reliever, any reliever and it has cost them many games in the standings. Dodgers went out and got Manny Ramirez, Casey Blake , Greg Maddux and Angel Berroa so I don't want to hear any *****ing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Rays don't have what it takes to sign a Vladimir Guerrero or trade for a Mark Teixeira. They had to give up their top prospect Delmon Young just to get a decent No. 3 starter. The Cardinals believed that Jason Isringhausen has something left in the tank.

Angel Berroa is as useful of a hitter as Omar Vizquel is.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Oh so now we are talking about signing players? Of course they can't sign Vlad but they could have very well traded for Teixiera if they needed him. They had more pressing needs than first base. Delmon Young was not their top prospect and the Garza trade has worked in their favor. Young was a trouble maker and the Rays needed pitching more than Young. Rays have a rich system so they can trade with anyone. The Cards did not believe Izzy had much in the tank as they still had a closer by committee. Cards knew they needed a reliever and failed to get one.

Agreed on Berroa but the Dodgers have been trying to improve their team.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Rays can trade with anyone? That's news to me. They couldn't pry Jason Bay from Pittsburgh for the mere equivalent of Andy LaRoche and Brandon Moss.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ok, you're right. The Cards do need a reliever. Chris Perez sucked mountain goats yesterday.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Saito "expects" to return this season.

Mofo "expects" perfection.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Make that 8 blown saves. Once again Broxton shows he couldn't save a game on his Playstation.

And it would be great if Jason Johnson gets tagged with the loss for the next two games as well to seal his removal from the playoff roster.