Thread: For Giantsfan83: the Luis Gonzalez feud

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

For Giantsfan83: the Luis Gonzalez feud

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    I'm not sure if what instance your referring too? If it had anything to do with the Dodgers as I assume from last year, I cant comment on that, I have to read the story first before I say anything.
    “We went away from a game plan,” Gonzalez said on “The Dan Patrick Show” on KLAC. “We had no game plan.

“If you look at our record, we had the best record in the National League at the All-Star break. And we brought up a lot of young kids, and when they brought the kids up, they did well. There’s no doubt these are all great young players. They were hitting .340, .350. (James) Loney, Kemp, (Russell) Martin, Ethier—they’re all great players, but we weren’t winning games. They’re getting three and four hits, but you’re not winning games.

“So in baseball a lot of times people look at the numbers instead of the results, and the results for us were we were not winning games, but that’s what the organization wanted. They wanted to develop these young kids. And instead of us going out there and winning games, we ended up finishing in fourth place and the fans are ticked off, and the organization is now going to continue to this youth movement, which is great for them.”

In a nutshell Gonzo tried to blame the late season collapse on the young players being called up after the break. It's one thing to blame Chin-Lung Hu, Andy LaRoche, Tony Abreu, and Delwyn Young. It's another to name Loney, Kemp, Martin, and Ethier as part of his rant, even though those guys were on the roster for much of the season. Also, he must believe that we the rational fans are stupid if he thinks we're ticked off at the young players. Without the young players' production, this team would have been fighting for last place with the Giants.

The stats don't lie. Old crybabies who are butthurt over losing their starting position do.

MLB ERA

Re: For Giantsfan83: the Luis Gonzalez feud

I see, yea thats pretty classless from him to blame it on the young guys who got called up.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

He complains about young guys, and then goes to Florida.

I smell a hypocrite...
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Or maybe he just went to Florida because no other teams were offering him a contract.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yup, it's all about the Benjamins. Jeff Kent would've beaten Gonzo to the exit door if he weren't playing for a guaranteed $9 million.