Game 1: Brad Penny vs. Ricky Nolasco
    Game 2: Mark Hendrickson vs. Wes Obermueller
    Game 3: Brett Tomko vs. Dontrelle Willis
    Game 4: Derek Lowe vs. Sergio Mitre

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Dodgers @ Marlins

We should be glad that Brad Penny isn't a Marlin anymore. With yesterday's win, Penny's career record at Miami is now 27-14.

The arrival of Andy LaRoche puts the batting disaster named Wilson Betemit back on the bench.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Game 2:Hendrickson pitched an off-game, Broxton allowed the winning run to Florida.

Tomko outduels the D-Train! Good decision by Grady to leave Nomar out of the lineup in today's game. Saenz hit a homer off the D-train.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The same Sergio Mitre who couldn't hold a spot in the Cubs' rotation pitched 8 shutout innings today. On the flip side you can't count on Derek Lowe to do anything spectacular.

That was a frustrating series to watch. The bats showed brief spurts of life, but were nonexistant for the most part.

The last game was the worst. Getting shut out by sergio mitre wasnt fun, and losing in the 9th was even worse. I don't have a problem with Derek Lowe going out for the 9th inning...or even staying in the game after the two runners got on.

The leadoff walk was his only mistake up until the pitch to willingham. Uggla probably should have been doubled up if not for Betemit's error, and Lowe pitched well vs Cabrera getting him to hit a weak comebacker.

Aside from that...I still cant believe that they didn't walk Willingham. I dont like to second guess...but it's not really a second guess because I was yelling at the TV before Willingham hit the HR.

oh well. lets hope wolf can keep the reds to less than 4 or 5 runs and our 1-3 hitters remember how to hit

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When you bat Beat-a-meat, Wilson No Stick, and Ramon E. Martinez together in the same lineup, you are just asking to lose the game.