Thread: A Little drawl apparently goes a long way

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A Little drawl apparently goes a long way

Per dodgerblues

A Little drawl apparently goes a long way

Whatever Grady Little may do or not do in the dugout, he has one thing going for him: he gets along with Ned Colletti and Frank McCourt. That relationship earned him a contract extension on Tuesday, so we've got Grady for at least two more seasons—maybe even three. He's a mediocre manager, can bore you to death with his drawl, and half the time looks like his head is filled with nothing but Jello... but at least he's a step above Jim Tracy. He may not be any smarter than old Jimmy, but there's something pretty harmless about him. Maybe it's the grey hair. Or maybe it's the fact that he looks like he just came from raking the barn. Whatever it is, I don't have the intense anger toward Little that I had toward Tracy. If I saw Jim Tracy drowning in a pool, I'd pop open a beer. If I saw Grady Little drowning in a pool, I'd call 9-1-1... and then pop open a beer.

"Everything is good," Little said. "It's a good feeling to know that he did this before this season started. We have a chance to be good and be good for a while." Little then went on to use other first grade vocabulary words like big, telephone, and daddy. He then asked for a popsicle and went to his office to take a nap.

In other Dodger news, the team has formally announced changes to the parking system at Dodger Stadium. In other words, they've added a parking system, since the 200 acres of asphalt been complete chaos for many years. What it means is two things: (1) You're not going to be able to afford that third plate of nachos anymore, and (2) The parking lot is going to be even more confusing than it was before. Let's face it, Dodger fans aren't the brightest bulbs in Los Angeles. It's tough enough for them to read their ticket stubs and find their seats. Now they're going to have to follow directions to enter the stadium, to park, to walk to the gates, and to leave the stadium after the game? You'd like to think it'll be a learning experience for fans, and that they'll eventually understand the flow of things after going to a couple games, but these are the same people who become complete retards when they see a beachball and yell "balk" every time a pitcher throws to first base. They're incapable of learning. Should be a lot of fun.
    I disagree that Grady bores you to death with his drawl. That is a great Southern drawl. Grady has practically the same voice as Lefty Driesell does, and who doesn't like Lefty Driesell?

AA ERA
    The part about the parking system was funny.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle