Thread: Odalis Perez quotes

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Odalis Perez quotes

You know, the team is a bad team. [But] I could be happy there because I can be the ace on staff.

- Odalis Perez
    Immediately making friends with his new Royals teammates
    7/25/06

"If I put more effort into it, I might have made the catch."
    - 6/28/06

"When you spend your own money [on charity], you want to be recognized for that. I don’t want to be a hero, but just pay more attention to what I’m doing. People don’t want to give me the recognition for it."

- 6/11/06 [Perez] stopped his O's 45's program, in which he bought 45 tickets for inner-city school children to attend his starts, after losing his starting job. He said he would not reinstate the program now that he is starting again because he felt he never got enough credit from the club or the public for his charitable contributions.

MLB ERA
    That gives me some interesting insight into the guys character:

You know a guy is an idiot when he wants to be on a bad team so he can be the staff ace.

You know a guy is an idiot when he doesn't make the effort to make a catch.

You know a guy is an idiot when the only reason he does charity work is to gain recognition from the fans and teammates.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000