Thread: Will the name ever go away?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Angels Will the name ever go away?

Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim. We all laughed when it came into our TV screens and scrolled on our favorite news sites. But they day did come and the horror that has been inflicted upon us hasn't left.

This isn't a name of a baseball team. Plain and simple, this is a joke. The stadium is in Anaheim. Anaheim is a subarb of L.A. Both of which are in southern California. Why not just choose one of the three? I know, they have all been used before. But choose one and move on.

Surely their is a political reason for it all, but it is disheartening that baseball has to go through this lame excuse for a baseball team name. Someone needs to step up and say this team is going to be called the California Angels and that's it!

Next we will have the Washington Nationals of D.C. or the Bronx Yankees of ew York. Ridiculous! You would think I would be over it by now, but I am not. It still gets old every time I hear it. Enough already!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Will the name ever go away?

Arte Moreno wanted to rename the team simply as the L.A. Angels, but he settled with the attachment "of Anaheim" as a compromise with the city of Anaheim. Also, Anaheim is not a suburb of L.A., and don't the rest of you forget that shit!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Notice the image to your right. There was no way I was going to figure out how to get all those damned words into that graphic without making it look super lame and awkward.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Haha, yeah I never did notice that man.

MLB ERA

It wasn't a compromise, by contract the team had to have "Anaheim" in the name. Problem was that the city wasn't more specific than that and didn't prohibit other city names.

Also, the reds suck.