Thread: B-I-G Rivalry Brewing Between A's and Angels??

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

B-I-G Rivalry Brewing Between A's and Angels??

People keep making this out to be the next Giants/Dodgers...

The A's have been the team to beat in the American League West since the 2000 season, while the Angels have made some noise of their own with a World Series title in 2002 and a division crown last year.

Manager Mike Scioscia, who experienced the heat of the rivalry between the Dodgers and the Giants during his days as catcher for the Dodgers, acknowledges that that sort of history and bad blood between the A's and Angels is not there, but their recent bouts atop the AL West have made it interesting.
    What do you West coasters think? To me, because I'm on the East coast, I hate the Red Sox and Yanks more...I do think the Angels are overrated, but it will never be "The greatest rivalry in sports" as Fox claims the Sox/Yanks rivalry is, which is sooooooo beyond over-hyped it's not even funny.

AA ERA
    I can see A's/Angels or Angels/Rangers as big rivalries for some reason.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I saw that story. Yeah Prov A's, you know how the Media is, they'll take anything and run with it, sensationalize it and try to make mainstream America believe it. No, it's not to the level of Dogs/Gnats. Like you said, the Angels are overrated and....they don't have the history behind them to even make that claim yet....IMO....

BIG games, BIG rivalries......puhleeze......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................