Thread: Why Art Moreno changed the name to Los Angeles

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA

Why Art Moreno changed the name to Los Angeles

Here is my theory on why Art Moreno changed the name to Los Angeles instead of Anaheim.

Well, we all know that Moreno is Hispanic and alot of Halo fans are Caucassion (Sp) most people back in the East Coast or outside of the United States don't know where Anahiem is or anything about the city. And Los Angeles is very popular. So he wants to expand the Angels in to different races and cultures and become more popular.

I am not trying to be racist or anything it's just my theory.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by corky
    Here is my theory on why Art Moreno changed the name to Los Angeles instead of Anaheim.

Well, we all know that Moreno is Hispanic and alot of Halo fans are Caucassion (Sp) most people back in the East Coast or outside of the United States don't know where Anahiem is or anything about the city. And Los Angeles is very popular. So he wants to expand the Angels in to different races and cultures and become more popular.

I am not trying to be racist or anything it's just my theory.
    Heya, welcome to the S3F. Jump right in and start talking smak like everyone else. Oh, and gives lots of rep. Glad to see a young baseball fan. Do you play at all?

I agree that your theory is a part of it. But....Disneyland gave Anaheim exposure and fame long before there was Disney World in Florida, so lots of people knew of it. And, there are the Ducks too.

Another part comes from his background in marketing and he wanted to tap into the entire LA Metro market. Because as we know, everything in the entire SoCal area, besides maybe SD (and they'd claim that if they could), falls under the generic LA title. That being OC, San Berdo, Riverside, Ventura and even Santa Barbara and Imperial counties. That is pretty amazing if you think about it. That is my theory. And......he may even secretly want to dominate LA, who knows.

Happy Posting.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    I am not trying to talk smack. I just sat down and thought about it. And your theory and mine can be just a big one all together.

I do play baseball. I am a sophmore and this is my first year varsity. We just finished summer league.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Come on River. Be nice...

Welcome to the boards corky. Interesting theory, tho I don't feel the name change should have been made for those reasons. If they were still a losing team and needed to expand the fan base by changing from Anaheim to LA, fine. But they won a WS just 3 years ago, I would think that would give you enough exposure. It's just a whole mouthful to say too. Kinda ridiculous.

And I would think the many people who have ever gone to Disneyland know where Anaheim is.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    But not everyone has gone to Disneyland. A very large population.

I could of added fan base in there.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by corky
    I am not trying to talk smack. I just sat down and thought about it. And your theory and mine can be just a big one all together.

I do play baseball. I am a sophmore and this is my first year varsity. We just finished summer league.
    Where did I say that you were talking smak?

If you go back and read it, I said.......jump right in and start talking smak like everyone else....it was a suggestion.....geeze....

And if you were talking smak, so what????? Everyone here does it at one time or another....

SO, what position do you play......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    Sorry, Misread it.

Well, I play SS and 2B. But Seniors play there so I have been in LF, and RF.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Gotta love sophomores breaking into the varsity team.

(Hypothetically speaking,)Get picked early in the June amateur draft and you'll find your name in the OTTP updates rosters.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    That would be awesome to be in... OOTP is an awesome simulation game.