Thread: Two Angels To Have Surgery

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Angels Two Angels To Have Surgery

Gary Matthews Jr. was scheduled for surgery Tuesday to repair the patella tendon in his left knee.
    Matthews' knee was a problem for at least the second half of the season. Surgery shouldn't affect his availability for the beginning of spring training, but it won't make him any easier to trade this winter. He's due $33 million over the next three years, and he still has a no-trade clause.

Mike Napoli will have arthroscopic surgery on his throwing shoulder Friday.
    No details about the kind of surgery were revealed. Napoli spent time on the DL in July due to right shoulder inflammation. Obviously, there was something more significant going on inside of the shoulder.
    The Angels are stuck with Matthew for at least another year. With Anderson's option being declined, Angels really need Matthews to step it up. That was one awful signing by the Angels. Napoli's shoulder sure didn't seem to affect his power especially in the playoffs. Hopefully for the Angels both are ready to go for Spring Training.

MLB ERA

Re: Two Angels To Have Surgery

Matthews does, indeed, need to step up and take up the slack that losing Anderson will create. Matthews is capable of doing the job.
    Napoli's shoulder problem could make him DH occasionally next year, as well. Jeff Matthis could be important to the team next year as well.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

According to the Los Angeles Times, Gary Matthews Jr.'s availability for Opening Day is "in doubt" after he underwent surgery Tuesday to repair the patella tendon in his left knee.
    The newspaper reports that he'll need 4-6 months of rehab time and general manager Tony Reagins said that Matthews is "unlikely" to be ready for the start of spring training.
    Angles better hope he doesn't get a staph infection that everyone is seeming to get. I had one, Tom Brady had one, Bonds and even my brother had one too.

MLB ERA

I didn't get one when I had my knee done in 2005. With proper care, he shouldn't have any problems.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon