Thread: Keeping the gang together?

Angels Keeping the gang together?

Its pretty obvious that the Angels are making a strong push for the WS this year, especially by acquiring Tex at the deadline. Looking past this year though, is their any chance they are able to resign him or K-Rod? Tex is asking for a huge deal and K-Rod seems hell bent on trying F.A. but mentioned returning the the Angels as a possibility. Personally I think they should try their hardest to keep both players if they want to stay in the top tier of the American League. Reasonable contracts are required though. Thoughts?

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Re: Keeping the gang together?

They aren't going to be able to keep both Teixeira and Rodriguez. Both want huge contracts and I just don't see the Angels giving it to them. K-rod also seems like he really wants to go into the F.A. pool and he knows if he did that a lot of teams will be looking at him and almost all of them will be willing to give him the money he wants. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if both of these guys are on different teams next year.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Ya, that seems to be the sad truth. I think Tex is more of a possibility than K-Rod at this point. At least they still get Matthews!

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Yeah, if one of them is going to stay I would think Teixeira would stay before K-rod. They are the best team in the majors right now though so I don't think they're worrying about this right now.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

I hope they keep both but I doubt it. Tex wants a 10 year contract and I think only 2 active players have a 10 year contract.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

4 draft picks would be nice, though. Not great, but nice.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah Tex is not getting the contract Boras wants.