Thread: Want To Hear Something Funny?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Angels Want To Hear Something Funny?

Mark Teixeira told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that he's looking for a 10-year contract this offseason.
    Good luck, Mark. If he's looking for ten years, the 28-year-old almost definitely won't stay in Los Angeles. Both of the big budget New York teams could be looking for a first baseman, but ten years seems like a long-shot. He'll be plenty rich, anyway.
    Why does Scott Boras do this? Why does he come out in August and announce this? It seems to keep backfiring on him. Remember last year when he said Andruw Jones was look for a long deal like that? Didn't work so well as most teams were scared to even look at him. That and Jones sucks. Mark is not going to get ten years as that is just too long to commit to someone. I would rather overpay for 5 years than have someone dragging down my payroll for ten years. But like the writer said, good luck!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Want To Hear Something Funny?

But he's not out of shape like Andruw. I think the angels will resign him, Boras keeps trying to blow smoke up anyone's ass that'll listen. I wish someone would kick Boras in the balls.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I want Teixeira, but at 10 years? Get the **** outta here.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Angels have apparently told Boras that the Angels will not meet the ten year demand and will now focus on getting Sabathia. Jim Bowden smiled.

MLB ERA

No one is worth a 10 year contract, unless 5 are option years. Sorry, but 5 years is as long as I'd go with anyone, unless I wanted to keep them for a front-office job, the way the Royals handled George Brett.
    Tex is a great player, but Boras is going to ruin his chances of getting any sort of deal. He'll likely back down to a more reasonable deal, and the big money teams will already have their 1B plans made.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks like someone might just be crazy enough to do this afterall!!

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Looks like someone might just be crazy enough to do this afterall!!
    Looks like it.. I just have this inkling it's the Nationals or some surprise team. I just can't see the Angels or Orioles offering 10 years.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I wish someone would kick Boras in the balls.
    That would be nice but I think something more should be done.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."