Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KRod On Record Setting Pace

MLB ERA

Re: KRod On Record Setting Pace

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Mariano got a REAL svae last night. Coming on w/ 2 on and 1 out in the 8th protecting a 1 run lead in a huge game.
    Official Rules | MLB.com: Official info

10.19 Saves For Relief Pitchers
    A save is a statistic credited to a relief pitcher, as set forth in this Rule 10.19.
    The official scorer shall credit a pitcher with a save when such pitcher meets all four of the following conditions:
    (a) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team;
    (b) He is not the winning pitcher;
    (c) He is credited with at least a third of an inning pitched; and
    (d) He satisfies one of the following conditions:
    (1) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning;
    (2) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batters he faces); or
    (3) He pitches for at least three innings.

Yep, appears to me K-Rod has recorded 44 real saves thus far.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No Leo, that's BS!! Why? I don't know but it just is!!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Official Rules | MLB.com: Official info

10.19 Saves For Relief Pitchers
    A save is a statistic credited to a relief pitcher, as set forth in this Rule 10.19.
    The official scorer shall credit a pitcher with a save when such pitcher meets all four of the following conditions:
    (a) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team;
    (b) He is not the winning pitcher;
    (c) He is credited with at least a third of an inning pitched; and
    (d) He satisfies one of the following conditions:
    (1) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning;
    (2) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batters he faces); or
    (3) He pitches for at least three innings.

Yep, appears to me K-Rod has recorded 44 real saves thus far.
    They count but it's a little more impressive when a guy comes on in 1 run game w/ 1 out in the 8th and 2 on and gets the save, right? Those cheap 3 run lead saves and 1 out saves will get Rodriguez the record but it's a meaningless record. He's still not the bst closer in the game.

MLB ERA

They count but it's a little more impressive when a guy comes on in 1 run game w/ 1 out in the 8th and 2 on and gets the save, right?
    True.

I'm sure all of Mariano's saves have come that way.

AAA ERA

True.

I'm sure all of Mariano's saves have come that way.
    If you read my post I mentioned how mariano got a cheap one last week as well but mariano doesn't get many cheap saves while it seems like Rodriguez is getting them nearly every night.

MLB ERA

If you read my post I mentioned how mariano got a cheap one last week as well but mariano doesn't get many cheap saves while it seems like Rodriguez is getting them nearly every night.
    Mariano's having a good season, probably his best ever.

You just come off as a bit whiny when you, being a Yankees fan, come into a K-Rod thread discussing his possible run at a major league record and cry about the Yankees (of all teams) not getting enough media coverage and trying to belittle Rodriguez's efforts.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hell yeah he's whiny. Lidge is the best closer right now. Nice job by Mariano giving up the eventual game-winning run last night. nyjunc, you can say this is a meaningless record all you want but its not true. Keep on crying because I find it hilarious.

AAA ERA

Mariano's having a good season, probably his best ever.

You just come off as a bit whiny when you, being a Yankees fan, come into a K-Rod thread discussing his possible run at a major league record and cry about the Yankees (of all teams) not getting enough media coverage and trying to belittle Rodriguez's efforts.
    I don't care how I come off I think the save record is a joke and the uninformed actually think Rodriguez is having an amazing season when he is not simply b/c of the silly save stat. it's why some people think Trevor Hoffman is in Mariano's league. It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Hell yeah he's whiny. Lidge is the best closer right now. Nice job by Mariano giving up the eventual game-winning run last night. nyjunc, you can say this is a meaningless record all you want but its not true. Keep on crying because I find it hilarious.
    They were down 6-3, he was just getting some work in and he gave up a run. It happens. The man hasn't blown a svae all year and has a 1.33 ERA, he has pitched the same amount of innings as Rodriguez and given up 6 less runs, 24 less BBs, K'd 8 more and 3 less hits. Mariano's WHIP is .68 while Rodriguez has a 1.25 WHIP. The 2 aren't close and Marinao has passed Lidge. They both are 26 for 26 in saves BUT mariano has 1.33 ERA compared to 2.15 for Lidge.

No one is crying, the intelligent baseball fan knows the save is a silly stat. i just want to help those on here who are confused thinking Rodriguez is the best b/c of his # of saves.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think he's one of the best based on the past three years, not just saves. I am intelligent and know what he is doing this year is awesome. A 2.47 ERA 44 saves and ONLY three blown saves is ****ing impressive. People who aren't intelligent think Arod is a leader. Joe Nathan, Mariano, Krod, Lidge and Papelbon/Soria are the best in the game and in no order. You are crying and its sad but keep posting I like it.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I think he's one of the best based on the past three years, not just saves. I am intelligent and know what he is doing this year is awesome. A 2.47 ERA 44 saves and ONLY three blown saves is ****ing impressive. People who aren't intelligent think Arod is a leader. Joe Nathan, Mariano, Krod, Lidge and Papelbon/Soria are the best in the game and in no order. You are crying and its sad but keep posting I like it.
    Rodriguez isn't even close to having his best year, people who aren't intelligent think he is and cannot understand what others post so they misrepresent that in their signature. Keep loving that reefer, it's really helping you How do you read what you are posting and not laugh?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Because I'm too busy laughing at your ignorance!! I did not misrepresent anything. Angels are the best team in baseball and Krod is one of the keys to that success. Get over it! I can't believe I am getting ridiculed for saying Krod is good and having a great year A 2.47 ERA and only 3 blown saves IN 47 CHANCES!!! Yeah, that's not impressive

AAA ERA

Your reading comprehension is at a dangerously low level. Where di I ridicule you for saying Rodriguez is good? He's not having his best year, he's not among the top 2-3 closers but you carry on citing his great # of saves as if that's telling us he's the best this year. W/o question Rodriguez is one of the best in the game but he's not haveing an all-time great year despite his great # of saves. The save stat is probably the most overrated stat in sports.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes and everyone with a baseball mind agrees that Krod is one of the best closers in baseball. When you only blow 3 out of 47 saves, you're good. Not getting around that but you keep trying and I will keep proving you wrong.

MLB ERA

it's why some people think Trevor Hoffman is in Mariano's league. It's a joke.
    This is why most people hate Yankees fans.

You can't just accept that Mariano is better than Trevor.

No, it has to be an insult that anyone is even in his league.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

K-Rod recorded his 45th save yesterday as the Angels beat the Yankees 1-0 when Mariano Rivera gave up the winning run in the top of the 9th inning by issuing a walk and then two straight singles.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast