Thread: Angel Stadium has rodent activity and I'm not talking about Mickey and Minnie Mouse

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Angel Stadium has rodent activity but it's not Mickey and Minnie Mouse

Rats a problem at Angel Stadium

Angels in the outfield, rodents in the concession stand.

County health officials say they're stepping up enforcement at Angel Stadium, where they've found 118 vermin violations at stadium kiosks and restaurants over the last 2 1/2 years. That's a far worse record than Southern California's other two major-league ballparks.

Thirty-three of those reports represent "major" violations, in which "rodent activity" was observed by health inspectors in a "critical area" of 18 stadium food venues, the Orange County Register reported Sunday.

In the 412 routine inspections of Angel Stadium food venues conducted by the county Health Care Agency since 2005, vermin violations were found 25 percent of the time.

"We realize we have an issue at Angel Stadium," said Richard Sanchez, the agency's director of environmental health. "We're stepping up enforcement."

In about the same period, San Diego's Petco Park had two vermin violations and Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles had seven, the Register reported, citing records.

Tim Mead, vice president of communications for the Angels, blamed the infestation on heavy rains in 2005 that contributed to an increase in the rodent population.

"That's a generalization, not an excuse," he said. "I'm not here to offer excuses. We're here to strive for perfection."

The stadium agreed to step up pest-control efforts at a March 2006 hearing with health care officials, but 80 of the violations, and 15 of the major ones, were spotted after that hearing. So far this year there have been two major incidences of vermin, one forcing the temporary closure of the Angelitos Terrace restaurant.

Mike McKay, stadium director of facilities services, said discarded food and unwashed dishes sometimes sit for up to 12 hours. Whether it's a day game or a night game, maintenance crews begin cleaning around 5 a.m. the next day, he said.

"It's a matter of sanity," he said. "This group of people get shifted around a lot. It's hard to find people to do that on a consistent basis."

At Petco Park, crews begin cleaning as soon as the fans clear out, said Ben Coughlin, a spokesman for the Padres' stadium.
    Rats a problem at Angel Stadium - Yahoo! News

MLB ERA

Re: Angel Stadium has rodent activity and I'm not talking about Mickey and Minnie Mou

This better not distract them from beating the Redsox tonight cause I need them to win!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

JOSE REYES IS KING
    Rookie ERA

Re: Angel Stadium has rodent activity and I'm not talking about Mickey and Minnie Mou

All stadiums do especialy shea take it from a vendor who knows
    http://www.getafreeappleiphone.com/i...ers/1167_4.gifpaid for my Jose Reyes jersey Yes it works you can try it too.Free money for quick easy surveys.For Pictures of my checks and tips check out my blog http://paid4mycamera.blogspot.com/

MLB ERA

Your a vendor at Shea Stadium?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM