Thread: A-Rod in Orange County?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A-Rod in Orange County?

That seems like a lot to give up for the least clutch player in baseball.

The Los Angeles Daily News suggests that the Angels make a play for Alex Rodriguez this offseason.
    A-Rod's troubles in New York have been well documented this week, and the Angels have stated that changes are coming and money isn't an issue. The News speculates that the Yanks would want a package including Ervin Santana, Scot Shields, Chone Figgins and a near major league ready prospect. Well, landing A-Rod would certainly address the Angels' third base situation.

MLB ERA
    Do could get someone better without giving up all of them.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Bringing Brandon Wood to the majors addresses the Angels' 3B problem without raiding the team.
    ARod is a fine player, but no one is good enough to warrant making this deal. If ARod wants out of NYC, I'm sure someone will take him.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'm sure the Angels will be somewhat desperate to improve their team after this season.

MLB ERA
    With their minor leaguers ready to play, many of the improvements could be made from within their own system. They have several middle infielders ready to come up, not including Brandon Wood, and several pitchers as well. They have one of the best farm systems in baseball.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Are the Angels becoming the Yankees of the West Coast? First they want Tejada, now A-Rod... Will someone please tell the ANgels that pitching wins championships, usually... Dont give up Santana, that is what I say, young and GOOD... please that would be a STUPID, STUPID, oh did I say, STUPID TRADE!!!!!!!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The Angels also have one of the most overrated farm systems in baseball (hitters anyway) as each of their teams play in hitters leagues.