Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers @ Angels

MLB ERA

Angels Rangers @ Angels

(54-54) vs. (55-52)

8/3 Game 1: Kevin Millwood (10-7, 4.62 ERA) vs. Jered Weaver (7-0, 1.51 ERA)
    8/4 Game 2: Vicente Padilla (10-7, 4.36 ERA) vs. John Lackey (10-6, 2.95 ERA)
    8/5 Game 3: John Koronka (7-6, 4.96 ERA) vs. Ervin Santana (11-5, 4.20 ERA)
    8/6 Game 4: Adam Eaton (1-1, 2.79 ERA) vs. Joe Saunders (2-0, 1.93 ERA)

We should be able to win this series. We might be able to sweep.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    No way they are going to sweep Texas. A week ago they probably would have but the Rangers are hot right now. The offense is finally clicking and we are just coming off a series win against a very good Twins team. It should be a good series.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    I wonder which set of bats are going to show up for us tonight. The hitting has been really jekyl and hyde this season.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    No way they are going to sweep Texas. A week ago they probably would have but the Rangers are hot right now. The offense is finally clicking and we are just coming off a series win against a very good Twins team. It should be a good series.
    the 2 wins you got over the Twinkies were against two pitchers that have been horrible (Baker and Bonser). The Rangers will be facing better pitchers than those 2 chumps...as an A's fan, I'm hoping for a split

AAA ERA

Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    the 2 wins you got over the Twinkies were against two pitchers that have been horrible (Baker and Bonser). The Rangers will be facing better pitchers than those 2 chumps...as an A's fan, I'm hoping for a split
    Your a quick cat arent you? How long did it take you to realize that Lackey & Weaver both pitchers with ERA's under 3 were better than Baker & Bonser both with ERA's around 6?
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Your a quick cat arent you? How long did it take you to realize that Lackey & Weaver both pitchers with ERA's under 3 were better than Baker & Bonser both with ERA's around 6?
    I already knew they were better pitchers than Baker and Bonser. I was replying to Molina stating that the Rangers are hot because of wins over those two pitchers. Beating the pitchers on the Angels will not be as easy as beating those 2 pitchers. That was the point I was making and I didn't need to "figure it out" as you say because as I said I already knew that.

AAA ERA
    Im not writing out resumes here like you . Not really concerned about my spelling.

Nice to see you know that Weaver and Lackey are better then Baker & BOOF!

Oh and as a Rangers fan I hope the A's get swept...

MLB ERA
    all 4 of the Angels starters that the Rangers will be facing have pitched better than those 2. Even Esteban Loaiza has a better ERA

AAA ERA

Rangers

all 4 of the Angels starters that the Rangers will be facing have pitched better than those 2. Even Esteban Loaiza has a better ERA
    Good point. Although I never said we were going to be able to crush them or bring the hot bats into california. This series will be a tough task for us and is just as important as the Angels/A's series they just finished up.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    Good point. Although I never said we were going to be able to crush them or bring the hot bats into california. This series will be a tough task for us and is just as important as the Angels/A's series they just finished up.
    I know you didn't say that. As I said I was referring to Molina's statement that the bats were hot. No doubt they crushed those 2 guys. I just would be hesitant to say they're hot because of that. Both of those guys are AAA pitchers. I believe Baker was sent down to AAA and Boof certainly should be sent back.

MLB ERA
    Regardless of how bad the Twins pitchers were, it's a little thing called momentum. There is always a chance it could carry over into this series. Probably not to the tune of 9 runs but if we can score 4 or 5 a game we'll have a shot at winning some games. Millwood and Padilla have both pitched very well on the road this year and Eaton pitched 6 scoreless innings in his last outing.

Having won 4 of their last 5 games has also got to be a confidence boost after dropping 6 in a row. That could work to their advantage too, maybe.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Hey I just noticed there are no Angels fans here WTF?

MLB ERA
    There is one somewhere but I don't know where. lol

So much for Jered Weaver.
    Too bad we couldn't have given him his first loss but at least he didn't get the win.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    It would have been nice to give little dream weaver his first loss and we were close too. Ill take the W though. We got to jered pretty good.

By the looks of it we brought our Minny bats to California. Lackey will be a tough task tonight...

AAA ERA

Rangers

I already knew they were better pitchers than Baker and Bonser. I was replying to Molina stating that the Rangers are hot because of wins over those two pitchers. Beating the pitchers on the Angels will not be as easy as beating those 2 pitchers. That was the point I was making and I didn't need to "figure it out" as you say because as I said I already knew that.
    WHAT???? Lol not trying to rub this in just find it kind of ironic how we brought the big bats with us to anaheim so far.

We havent won this game yet but were winning 7-2 now and Lackey couldnt even get out of the 5th.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast