Thread: A tale of two Weavers

MLB ERA

A tale of two Weavers

Jered Weaver - S - Angels

Angels recalled RHP Jered Weaver from Triple-A Salt Lake.
    Weaver, who made his last start for Salt Lake on Wednesday, will replace his big brother in the rotation effective immediately. If he was dropped in your mixed league, grab him now. He went 4-0 with a 1.37 ERA during his first stint with the club. Jun. 30 - 5:47 pm et

Jeff Weaver - S - Angels

Angels designated RHP Jeff Weaver for assignment.
    Jered Weaver is being called up to take his place in the rotation. After getting a one-year, $8.325 million contract from the Angels in the offseason, Jeff Weaver was 3-10 with a 6.29 ERA in 16 starts. He'll almost certainly be traded before he becomes a free agent. The Angels won't be afraid to pick up a portion of the $4 million+ he's still due in order to get some help. If Weaver lands in a good situation back in the NL, he could have quite a bit of fantasy value the rest of the way. Jun. 30 - 5:48 pm et

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    haha, I would just like to point out how right I was about Jeff Weaver on here and AN...people were saying "oow la la, Weaver will do better than Byrd and Washburn did last year...he'll do better than Loaiza this year." incorrect! I was all "pfft, at best he'll do as well as Byrd or Washburn did, but I highly doubt it." no matter how the other guys have done, Weaver was worse, but the important thing to remember is that I was right.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    haha, I would just like to point out how right I was about Jeff Weaver on here and AN...people were saying "oow la la, Weaver will do better than Byrd and Washburn did last year...he'll do better than Loaiza this year." incorrect! I was all "pfft, at best he'll do as well as Byrd or Washburn did, but I highly doubt it." no matter how the other guys have done, Weaver was worse, but the important thing to remember is that I was right.
    Ok you were right. Do you want us to build you a cake or something?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Ok you were right. Do you want us to build you a cake or something?
    build me a cake? wtf? you mean bake me a cake? I'll say "no" to both just to make sure...

MLB ERA
    build me a cake? wtf? you mean bake me a cake? I'll say "no" to both just to make sure...
    You never watched Napoleon Dynamite?

MLB ERA
    yes I have...I don't remember the part where someone said "build a cake"

MLB ERA
    yes I have...I don't remember the part where someone said "build a cake"
    Its when Pedro wants to ask Summer (Hailie Duff) out to the dance. Napoleon asks how he's going to ask her and Pedro says "I think I'll build her a cake or something".

MLB ERA
    oh, ok...now I remember

I don't know why this move wasn't made sooner, like last week. I know Bartolo Colon had to come back from the DL, but why send down Weaver, who was absolutely on fire. Jeff Weaver was the pitcher on the Angels struggling the most, yet they kept him. I honestly would consider nominating that for worst move of the year, and it would probably be neck and neck with the Red Sox trading Bronson Arroyo.

Anyway, are there any takers on who would sign Jeff Weaver? He has tons of potential, but right now, thats all that he has. Nothing has been put together, in stints with four different teams. Someone will pick him up for his talent- maybe the Orioles or Cardinals- but someone with experience with reclamation projects (like Mazzone and Duncan) will be the only salvation at this point for Jeff Weaver.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Weaver or Pineiro ...... hmmmm....
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz
    I honestly would consider nominating that for worst move of the year, and it would probably be neck and neck with the Red Sox trading Bronson Arroyo.
    If they dealt Arroyo they wouldnt call up Jon Lester. So that isnt bad. Worst move remains signing DH Carl Everett. Or heck that Pokey Reese signing was great too.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    plus nobody would have guessed Arroyo would be doing nearly as well as he has....plus there's the 2nd half for him to return to form. I am not sold on that guy.