Thread: Angels Lighting Up the Minors...

MLB ERA

Angels Angels Lighting Up the Minors...

How good are these guys?

Speaking of the farm, the Angels' system is ludicrously loaded and the top prospects are not disappointing. At Triple-A Salt Lake City, second baseman Howie Kendrick is hitting .459 and shortstop Erick Aybar is hitting .333. Meanwhile, at Double A Arkansas, shortstop Brandon Wood — who hit 43 home runs last year in A ball — is hitting .320 with a .720 slugging percentage.
    -Foxsports.com

God damn! As if they already didn't have enough big league talent, this team has some amazing specs that they don't even have spots for. I almost can't wait to see the influx of these amazing rookies the next few years.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'm not trying to take anything away from these guys because I've never seen them play, but from what I've read they play in hitter's leagues and hitter's parks that inflate their numbers somewhat

MLB ERA
    Howie is already ready, everyone knows it, Kennedy is blocking him though.

MLB ERA
    any Angels fans have comments on this? I know Saber knows a little about the farm, what about you River?

MLB ERA
    Even if they play in hitters parks, these are still some amazing numbers.

MLB ERA
    yes, but you have to take those numbers with a grain of salt...that's all I'm saying.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Angels

Truthfully, I don't really pay much attention to the minors.

But.....it is a well know fact out West that the Angels have one of the better farm systems and have a track record of bringing them up through the ranks. At one point they had like ten active players originally drafted by them in the lineup.

This makes the Bengie Molina and Jarod Washburn releases harder to swallow for me. I guess they feel they used them to their moneys worth....Did I mention I hate the business side of baseball?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA

Angels

Here is one guy who doesn't seem to get it......Anyone feel sorry for him? Another one bites the dust.....

McPherson
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    that's what I mean by taking these numbers with a grain of salt...he was a top prospect and now look at him. and yes, they have a top rated minor league system; I'm not denying that. I'm just saying (as is the case with any prospects) that just because they produce well (in this case inflated slightly) in the minors doesn't mean they'll become studs at the MLB level.

MLB ERA

Angels

Definitely agree. I mean how many guys have gotten the big nod and then choked at the big show???.....all for the sake of hype....sux to be them huh?