This is from last week, but since I didn't see it posted anywhere, I thought I'd post it. Obviously, 2010 - 2015 is a long time away and we could all be dead by then if a comet hits the earth, but either way new renovations for the stadium wouldn't hurt.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/14164069.htm

SURPRISE, Ariz. — The Royals on Wednesday afternoon unveiled a sweetener in their push to win public approval for proposed stadium renovations: the promise of an All-Star Game at Kauffman Stadium.

In a statement released by the Royals, Bud Selig, commissioner of Major League Baseball, confirmed the commitment, which is contingent on voter approval of an April 4 referendum to fund the renovations.

Selig did not specify a date for the game, played annually in early July, but Royals owner David Glass said it probably would be between 2010 and 2015.

“We want to see how the schedule unfolds for the renovations,” Glass said in announcing Selig’s decision in a news conference outside the club’s spring headquarters at Surprise Stadium. “The commissioner said he would work with us on getting the right date.”