Thread: John Buck

John Buck

Link

This kid has a real bright future in the Majors. Really, he could probably be a top catcher in the league some day.

Anybody have any thoughts on him?

I like his defense, from what I've seen.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    General is right. He plays good defense with some pop in his bat. He will get better with the bat but probably not a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    General is right. He plays good defense with some pop in his bat. He will get better with the bat but probably not a lot better.
    Yah, I agree with you. Buck makes the Royals better just by being behind the plate.

I like Buck. I mean, they better get something out of Teahan and Buck after moving Beltran for him. Granted, they couldn't have kept him, but Buck shows some promise.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I like Buck and think he's going to be a good player for KC. He works hard and has done very well behind the plate. He still needs to be more consistant at the plate, but hopefully that comes along with time.

AA ERA
    Buck is definately solid defensively and I would love to see him improve his hitting, but if he does improve, I don't believe it will be anything drastic.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    His OPS and strike out rates make grown managers cry.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    When I was looking for teams that were shorton catchers for a possible LaRue trade, I thought of Buck and realized that it wouldn't work for KC because they are pretty confident in this guy. I think he will be a pretty good catcher very soon. he sort of reminds me of a Michael Barrett.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    His OPS and strike out rates make grown managers cry.
    He is going into his third season and has improved every year. Buck is 25 and has plenty of time to get better. Nothing wrong with have a Matheny type on the squad.