Thread: Royals Sign DeJesus

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Sign DeJesus

Royals agreed to terms with outfielder David DeJesus on a five-year contract with a club option for 2011.
    Making official a deal that was agreed to earlier this week. DeJesus is reportedly guaranteed $13.5 million, with the option potentially making the deal worth $20 million. DeJesus would have been eligible for free agency for the first time after 2010.
    Great news for Royals fans as they have a CFer for the next five years. This guy can hit, get on base and play a very good CF. He needs to use his speed more but they got him for cheap and that's the Royals way.

AA ERA
    I agree with you again, Royals locked him up while he was affordable and is a solid young CF who can hit very well.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Nice to see Royals wrap up some of their own players. DeJesus is a great talent and hopefully will have a good season.