Thread: Zach Greinke is having personal issues

Zach Greinke is having personal issues

I hope for the best for Zach and his family, and I have no idea what's going on, but let's hope (for the Royals) that he can bounce back, get all his stuff settled, and get out of that sophomore slump of his.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...t=.jsp&c_id=kc
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Everything is so secret on this people really have little idea what is going on. The speculation is that the Royals are making him earn a spot and he doesn't like that and is having issues coming to grips that everything isn't going to be handed to him.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    Everything is so secret on this people really have little idea what is going on. The speculation is that the Royals are making him earn a spot and he doesn't like that and is having issues coming to grips that everything isn't going to be handed to him.
    if that is the case, then that's pretty lame...I find it hard to believe that he's never had to earn anything in life before this moment...if so then take the silver spoon out of his mouth already.

For sure, and that sounds like what Buddy Bell is doing. Grienke supposedly didn't start playing baseball and pitching until late and he was a natural at it. If I remember right he had only been a pitcher for like two years when he was drafted. Then he only played in 34 minor league games and then did a solid job as a rookie. Obviously he earned his way to the majors, but it's believed he hasn't been told "no" too often and everything has come easy for him.

All I know is Bell and Greinke had a closed door meeting. I heard that Greinke left that meeting upset. Whether that is true or not I don't know. But a day later he is back home in Florida. He hasn't been guarenteed a rotation spot and was told as much. How much any of this has to do with anything is unknown, but the speculation is being sparked by a lot of it. It's even possible the is upset about not being an every day player, which he has stated he'd want to do instead of pitching.

He is just a kid still so hopefully whatever he's going through he works it out and gets back. He potentially has a bright future if he chooses, hopefully he doesn't waste it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This kid is blowing it! He knew they signed and traded for more starters and he is somehow shocked? Even Affeldt is going out for a starter job. Either way it looks like the Royals are going to have to start the year without him and better to know that now than later.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I can see why he'd be upset about potentially not being a starter on the Royals (I mean c'mon sorry...I just can't even think of one of their starters off the top of my head if Grienke isn't and Lima is gone)...but go out and earn it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It's not like this kid had a great season or something last year. Bell is fairly new and wants to see what he's got. Now he knows his potential ace is a baby who can't except challenge. Now you got Hernandez, Redman, Elarton, Mays, Wood Bautista and possibly Affeldt trying to make this rotation.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He's having "emotional" issues.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.